Scar Symmetry - Slaves To The Subliminal (Stems Content)

I'm confused with the vocals. The growl vocals and clean vocals do not line up. Is that supposed to be that way? How are you guys dealing with the vocals?

Yes... I know...

When I sung, I was too far from the mic... so there is a lot of room... sorry

It was recorded in one take very quickly just for fun with a AT2020 mic.

Awwwww, c'mon, no replies in 24 hours. Help a mixing brother out!!! I am trying to get used to a new recording Rig! If it is shart.....................tell me, as well as how to maybe fix it. If it is OK, tell me so I don't kill myself waiting for replies.

At this stage, I feel like my Guitar Tones are like a Fart. I can tolerate them, but everybody else HATES them.

I gave you all of those redundant Impuises, FREE OF CHARGE:D..............some feedback would be nice. :yow:

Awwwww, c'mon, no replies in 24 hours. Help a mixing brother out!!! I am trying to get used to a new recording Rig! If it is shart.....................tell me, as well as how to maybe fix it. If it is OK, tell me so I don't kill myself waiting for replies.

At this stage, I feel like my Guitar Tones are like a Fart. I can tolerate them, but everybody else HATES them.

I gave you all of those redundant Impuises, FREE OF CHARGE:D..............some feedback would be nice. :yow:

It goes both ways. Have you contributed to this thread? Make a habit to at least comment on the mix above yours. That is how you keep these threads alive and interesting.

Awesome song, actually never heard it before today. I gave it more of a "modern" guitar tone. No vocals and just HP/LP on the Guitars.

Here's a version with heavier Guitars (still just HP/LP):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24344836/Triscore Scar Symmetry GuitarHack Heavier.mp3
I preferred this one but it's still quite honky. But who knows, with some bass in there and vocals it might have worked... It might've also been easier finding a tone that works if you used the bass and vocals as restrictions, we all know how easy it is to go offtrack with guitar sounds. It's also much more interesting listening to a full mix.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/367906/Scar%20Simmetry%20Mix.mp3

Here's my try. Ezmix Guitar Gods for bass and guitars. Something strange with the vocals (bad mic?) I couldn't find any growl :-(
Here's the growls:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...es-subliminal-stems-content.html#post10408666
Drums sounds great so does the bass. The guitars could use some work, just not digging the tone. The vocals can be better, try some surgical eq around the mids you will find some nasty resonances there.

^ V3 it´s the better and the less honky. Now put a bass there, it will sound much better.

Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to get a less fizzy sound with the first 2 samples (with mic placement) but wasn't sure of the amount "honk" that came with that mic position. Thanks for confirming that it was too honky. I will have a play around with some Bass.

It goes both ways. Have you contributed to this thread? Make a habit to at least comment on the mix above yours. That is how you keep these threads alive and interesting.

I preferred this one but it's still quite honky. But who knows, with some bass in there and vocals it might have worked... It might've also been easier finding a tone that works if you used the bass and vocals as restrictions, we all know how easy it is to go offtrack with guitar sounds. It's also much more interesting listening to a full mix.

Yes, I understand about giving feedback on others mixes, but since my "monitor" setup is pretty ghetto at the moment :cry:, I am not confident in what I am hearing myself and don't want to make opinions about other peoples mixes based on what I am hearing :lol:.

Thanks for the tip of trying to get it to fit in as the last part of the mix. With my limited full-mix experience, I have always done guitars first and tried to fit Vocals and Bass last. I will give this approach a try.

BTW, my original feedback request was meant to be quite light-hearted and humourous, so if it didn't come across that way, I apologise. :D

Thanks again guys.

I don't think that should apply to GuitarHack since his contributed such awesome impulses for free! I like V3 dustcap the best. The other version was a bit muddy I thought. I think the snare could be lowered a little in volume. I thought the mix was good though!

^haha, cheers dude. Yep that snare is too loud.

I got a pair of HS50's today and had a go at the Full Mix. Vocals (and probably everything else, but vocals especially with no automation as I have no idea how to do it anyway, etc...) have a long long way to go. Just thought I would post an updated mix to see if the overall sound has improved since plugging in the Monitors 2 hours ago :lol:.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24344836/Triscore Scar Symmetry GuitarHack Full Mix.mp3

Cheers for any feedback!

Here is a VERY rough update: had to do it all REALLY quiet as my mum is sleeping next door hahaha expect a better version soon!!! Probably tomorrow or something :D

Hey Joe, really love what you've done here. I love your vocals, I kinda big fan of your band too. :headbang:

Any chance to upload you vox version?

Last edited by a moderator: