Self-Promotion Thread

Not sure if this is posted in the right spot, but here it is anyway. DREADNAUGHT have our last couple of shows until April, coming up in
January, so get your asses down there and bang your fuckin head.

This Saturday 14th January @ Revolver (Chapel St Prahan), with THE DEADLY and RESISTICA.

Thursday 26th January @ Rollover (The Palace, St. Kilda), with PEEPING TOM and CREECH.

Sweaty

www.dreadnaught.com.au

Hey everyone!

I am writing for a new Irish punk/metal magazine called Fuck The Scene, we are mainly focussed on un-signed/underground bands, everyone needs a fair chance! so to get to the point, if you want your bands demo/album reviewed in the magazine simpley e-mail me at darkerdaysfestival@yahoo.ie and we can sort something out, you will also receive a free copy of the magazine when it comes out, hopefully in mid-late febuary!

cheers for reading

Hugh

Sweaty said:
Not sure if this is posted in the right spot, but here it is anyway. DREADNAUGHT have our last couple of shows until April, coming up in
January, so get your asses down there and bang your fuckin head.

This Saturday 14th January @ Revolver (Chapel St Prahan), with THE DEADLY and RESISTICA.

Thursday 26th January @ Rollover (The Palace, St. Kilda), with PEEPING TOM and CREECH.

Sweaty

www.dreadnaught.com.au

Gday Sweaty....

if anyone's interested in

NEW WAVE OF HEAVY ROCKABILLY DISCO POP (NWOHRDP) then I have the RIGHT BAND FOR YOU!

Even though I'm the only one in it. I'm fucking good though:

http://www.myspace.com/lancelazer

New songs will be uploaded when I get a new soundcard! Woo!

Haha, but you've heard nothing like it before, have you?

P.S... it is no longer NWOHRDP, it is now ROCK & ROLL SUNSHINE!

Everyone please go to www.unburied.r8.org or www.myspace.com/unburied and check out my band UNBURIED. Our sound is a creole od Death, Black, thrash, Grind, Doom, and Groove. All three of our albums are available for download as well as a whole concert and 2 brand new demo tracks. Check us out and let me know what you think.

Dreathus (Guitar, UNBURIED)

I know these posts are lame but oh well!!

Everyone please go to www.unburied.r8.org or www.myspace.com/unburied and check out my band UNBURIED. Our sound is a creole od Death, Black, thrash, Grind, Doom, and Groove. All three of our albums are available for download as well as a whole concert and 2 brand new demo tracks. Check us out and let me know what you think.

Dreathus (Guitar, UNBURIED)

NE OBLIVISCARIS

Greetings all,

Initally formed in 2003, Ne Obliviscaris are a 6 piece metal band from Melbourne, Australia consisting of 2 guitars, bass, drums, dual vocals, and violin. Including a vast array of influences within their sound from black to progressive, thrash, death and melodic metal, and even western art music, they create music of many extremes including darkness, light, intensity, melody, brutality and beauty. At times very technical and complex and at others simple and subtle, Ne Obliviscaris create an extremely original brand of metal which defies normal categorisation.

They had their first show on February 23rd, 2006 and Gary Carson from PBS Radio's leading metal show 'Screaming Symphony' hailed Ne Obliviscaris' live debut saying:

"Can I just say here to everybody that Ne Obliviscaris is the BEST band debut I have seen from a local outfit ever. Not to put any pressure but this was just totally mind-blowing. I am shocked."

The last few months they've played many shows with the likes of Truth Corroded, Minus Life, Alarum, The Eternal, Lycanthia, Elegeion, Kania and so forth...next gig will see them alongside Gospel of the Horns in July.

They've recently been confirmed to play in Sydney at the The Funeral Moon festival in September.

Below you can find rehearsal audio samples:
Temp website: http://www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

Forum: http://www.sinister.com.au/_forum/index.php?showforum=52

^ I like that very much. Look forward to hearing an EP or something with better quality recording
That last song on their is really, really good :kickass:

Danallica said:
^ I like that very much. Look forward to hearing an EP or something with better quality recording
That last song on their is really, really good :kickass:

Thank you Danallica, a demo/promo CD will be recorded in a few months and we'll be looking at recording our album in early 2007...as 3/4 of it is written already.

Cheers.

Mechailus said:
We will be playing at The War Room (Enigma Bar) on August 25th, if you're interested...

You know Im there mate :kickass:
are you dudes headlining or is another band?

edit - nevermind, just checked out your myspace, playing with art in exile and absentia with headliner tba, Im hopin the headliner is a cranker :headbang:

double edit - healiner is imminent psycosis - haha fuck yeh :kickass:

Metal/Rock/Jazz/Folk/Alternative Violinist Available for Session Work

Quickly gaining a reputation as one of the leading alternative violinists in the country, I have been studying violin classically since the age of 6 (I am 24 now), have studied with some of the best violin teachers across Australia and I will be completing a Bachelor of Music (majoring in performance) this October.

I perform as part of the Melbourne based progressive/extreme/melodic metal band Ne Obliviscaris where my unique violin style that combines virtuosity with style and a contemporary feel has been lauded by many. I also play in an instrumental jazz trio with Brendan Brown (Bassist for Ne Obliviscaris) and Scott Young (Guitarist for Alarum), perform classically on a regular basis, and am in high demand as a session violinist here in Australia and overseas.

As well as being very advanced technically, I am an advanced improviser, a quick learner and a very musical performer with a great understanding of all styles of music from rock, metal, jazz, fusion, folk, classical, electronica and hip hop.

I have several examples of my playing on my personal myspace site (found here: http://myspace.com/atheny ) including a live recording of a classical composition of my own, an improvisation based on an Indian raga as well as an excerpt from a song by my band, Ne Obliviscaris, and a live video as well.

Anyone interested in utilising my services can contact me on: atheny@gmail.com

Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Sincerely,

Tim Charles (aka Atheny)