Seymour Duncan Blackout Bridge vs. EMG81 - ROUND 2!! (and DTB content :D)

Thanks for this thread, it has helped me decide that Hellraiser > Blackjack ATX. Cheers! :)

Based only on the pickups? I'd suggest you tried them both to see which one fits you better and which one is better built. Besides they have different woods.

I've own a BlackJack ATX for almost a year now, and were always looking at the Hellraiser thinking "maybe I should've bought that one", but the other day I finally had the chance to try them both side by side and... I'm keeping my BlackJack. New C1 Hellraiser models are being made in Indonesia, I haven´t tried the old korean ones, but the new ones feel cheap, at least the one I had the chance to try for a day. My BlackJack looks and feels very well made.

Based only on the pickups? I'd suggest you tried them both to see which one fits you better and which one is better built. Besides they have different woods.

I've own a BlackJack ATX for almost a year now, and were always looking at the Hellraiser thinking "maybe I should've bought that one", but the other day I finally had the chance to try them both side by side and... I'm keeping my BlackJack. New C1 Hellraiser models are being made in Indonesia, I haven´t tried the old korean ones, but the new ones feel cheap, at least the one I had the chance to try for a day. My BlackJack looks and feels very well made.

Unfortunately that's true, also the avalon looks so cheap on that guitars, it makes me sad because i had great expectation on those. If you can try, choose the best, looks like it a hit an miss for indo schecters.

You can always change the pickups, i really prefer the 81 over the BO, it feels more clear, defined and not so dark than the BO.

Not based solely on the pickups, in my case the decision was split fairly evenly between the two guitars as they both seem good for what I want. Having listened to all of the BO vs 81 clips I can find on this forum my ears prefer the 81. Rather than making a broad generalisation I should have said the Hellraiser seems more the right fit for me.

Bit concerned about the Indonesian construction issues though... :erk: Where are Blackjacks made?

Different woods? Fingerboards only, and rosewood or ebony are both good IMO.

EDIT: Billy Hyde Music just got back to me guaranteeing that the guitar will be MIK. Phew!

The B.O's are a pretty close match to the emg's but I still like the bite of the emg's more . If it was a question of how much to spend I'd be happy with either set up . Are the Blackouts much cheaper ?
Probably shouldn't compromise but im a tad poor .

I have a small dilemma, I got my Jackson DXMG routed out slightly to fit 2 SD Livewire metals in place *so the tech told me* now I want to swap them out that pretty much means the only alternate pickup set I can get would be the Blackouts?

I think it would be easier just to choose another set from the SD range (which I guess should fit in fine). I see they have the Blackout metals now....still abit dubious of those though...

hey all, I was just wondering if the kind person that supplied these very interesting tests could do me a favour, if thats ok.

If you could record (or if you have one available already just post) a natural naked DI wav from the bridge pickup on the Blackout @9v. And also if you could post a message as well just letting us know what strings your are using, preferably what plectrum and what DI box/sound interface you used that would be truly awesome.

Thanks man, that amp looks really nice and it was a great little test you did there. :popcorn: