Shameless Plug aka I'm Back!

nodoubtaholic

Nov 30, 2011
Missouri
Some of you may or may not have heard where I've been the last week and a half! I've been in Australia!.. I can't divulge too much about why other than I was with my brother, who is a very talented singer. He was chosen for a new show that's going to start airing July 9th, called Opening Act. I got lucky enough to be able to go with him while he filmed it (I even had to film some things myself :puke:).

So, if you can, tune in and watch! Opening Act - it will be on E! starting July 9th (I don't know when his episode will air, but I doubt it's the first one). His name is Von. Once it starts getting closer to the air date, I will be able to talk more about it!! It's pretty insane.

http://www.eonline.com/shows/opening_act

Welcome back!!! :wave: We missed you, but it sounds like you had an amazing time!
hug.gif

I will also second Desi's statement about her brother Von; he's an amazingly talented singer and I hope everyone gets a chance to tune in and see/hear for yourselves! :D

Oh god the video of him on the view (the first one posted) I hate it now! He was SoOoO nervous. This was all before his vocal surgery as well, he has since retrained himself on the way he sings.. less screamy. That Sweet Inspiration vid is one of my favorites, he's really just screwing around there. I'm the one videoing it. This is the one to watch out for/watch (he did this song for the show, that is IF they air it):

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! The crazy week begins! Here's one of the first promo peeks at the episode. Von got to open for LADY GAGA. Secrets no more.

Next Monday night on E! I hope everyone can watch.. and I hope it's good!

EDIT: just found out like 10 min ago.. his episode is NO LONGER AIRING THIS UPCOMING MONDAY. It got pulled for a later date in the season!! ;) I can't say a whole lot other than that.. but this is a good thing!

Ok I can pretty much confirm this now: his episode won't be until September 3rd. Would've been Aug 27th, but they are skipping a week in the 8 week run of this show for the Olympics! So, he is the very last episode (*cough season finale cough*)!!!! As you can imagine, we are all ecstatic over here! He just did some press things the other day, and here's one of the interviews he did:

http://bcove.me/bdz1tqw1

Sorry I can't get it to embed here. It's an awesome interview though, check it out if you can!

How exciting, his show is on Monday! I can't wait to watch!!!

I swear to !#@$@#% this is the last time it's going to change - but it's on TUESDAY NIGHT now. Sept 4th! They're starting to post pictures etc. online of stuff so here are some links:

http://www.eonline.com/shows/opening_act/photos/5995/opening-act-von-s-hometown-surprise These are some pictures from when they surprised him/us at the airport. There's a really bad one of me in there. :bah:

http://www.eonline.com/shows/opening_act/photos/5996/opening-act-von-s-boot-camp
These are a few from his time in "boot camp".

There's also 1 teaser video at the same place of his episode. More videos will be added prior to and after his episode airs.

Get ready for crazy!

Oh that's right, it's Labor Day on Monday! Well, Tuesday works for me! :D

You did say that you went to the airport late at night to pick him up, so I think you should get a pass if your pictures are not as good as you think they should be. ;) But I think you look just fine. You all look so excited! And Von looks great!

I love how one of the captions says "Von's off to the City of Angels". Psst...he already lives there!
free-innocent-smileys-329.gif

Oh that's right, it's Labor Day on Monday! Well, Tuesday works for me! :D

You did say that you went to the airport late at night to pick him up, so I think you should get a pass if your pictures are not as good as you think they should be. ;) But I think you look just fine. You all look so excited! And Von looks great!

I love how one of the captions says "Von's off to the City of Angels". Psst...he already lives there!
free-innocent-smileys-329.gif

Thanks C.. :) It was probably close to 3am when those photos were taken..! Yeah I'm wondering if they're going to actually say he lives in LA now or just that he's from MO? I have no idea!

Oh boy here we go:

In this one you can hear one of the songs he performs called "Hopeless" for a split second.. they are really amping up the mom/von conflict. It's making me nervous!