Shameless Plug aka I'm Back!

I normally don't double-post unless it's for a good reason... ;)

OK everyone, the time has come and the episode of Opening Act featuring Von is on TONIGHT!!! Let's show some support to our OSA family and do what we can to help boost those ratings for Von (and Desi)! Spread the word and tell everyone you know to tune in (I know I did)! :D

Even if you are not a fan of Lady Gaga or do not like her style of music, this isn't about her or about her music; it's about showing love and support for a talented musician who deserves a break, and about showing love and support for someone who has offhandedly helped to support this community (because Von drove us to the Nightwish gigs that provided us with our wonderful Tuomas interview!). So let's do as we've always done, and help give back to those who have extended friendship and kindness to us!
tu.gif

I wouldn't do this for anyone but you, Von...but for the first time EVER, I will willingly miss the first airing of Hell's Kitchen so I can watch your show. :lol: As anyone who knows me knows, I will watch Chef Ramsay boil water for an hour, so for me to say I will skip watching any one of his shows to watch this...well, that tells you how excited I am for this show, and how happy I am for Desi and for Von and for their friends and family!
free-happy-smileys-302.gif

Good luck, Von!!!
joy.gif

Just wanted to post some updates about all of this. This is a show on the internet/podcast where they watch TV and talk about it. They were awesome and did an extra episode of their show to follow up on Opening Act. Von was apart of it. He talks a little more in depth about everything and SINGS! He hates it - he'd just gotten off a long flight from China with Nick (in the video as well), so he feels it's terrible. But I think it's pretty good and he should STFU. He also talks about me a little bit which makes me laugh. I'm also going to post the extra bonus clips that cut from the episode if anyone is interested. It might only be C, but that's ok. :)

If you have no interest in watching the ENTIRE hour long thing.. the singing portion of this video is at about 1:01 (that's 1 hour one minute), they goof around for awhile before Von sings alone acapella. Vons interview portion starts at about 28 minutes. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is his performance of Halo - Yes I'm crying on TV. :p

Here is his an original song called Hopeless. You can buy it on Itunes!

Well here's some more of the bonus footage:

This was one of the best parts of the whole trip. Highlight of everything. They cut out a LOT, but this was the most amazing experience. Meeting the Irwins and getting a tour of their zoo and the animals of Australia (there were a lot more they didn't show), highlight of my life.

This is just an extended look at them picking Von - I think it's awesome because you can see how fully they flip out. It's pretty awesome hearing these people talk such majorly positive things about my brother. :)

And here is Von's meeting with a life coach. She's turned into a good friend to both Von and I in real life. Weird to have this sort of therapy session about stuff that both Von and I have issues with shared with everyone. o_O

This is way out in left field, but Von has had the opportunity to sing with movie great Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park, Independence Day, etc) for the last few weeks. The thought still blows my mind because I used to be really in love with Jeff Goldblum, and I had no idea he was such an incredible jazz piano player. Anyway, here's a video of them together doing As Time Goes By.