Shocked

I grew up with Warrel, Nevermore, and you guys all being a large part of my life. This wasn't the best way to have all the nostalgia come back but it reminds me how much I cherish it.

RIP Warrel. I'll always remember the influence you had on me and probably helping me survive my teen years, as well as the inspiration you were to me. Thanks for the experience, I'll never forget it.

Jeff's word from few months back:
"Maybe one day, I would really like to be able to talk to Warrel again face to face and sit down and talk through all of our problems that we had and stuff like that."
Fuck, it kicked me right in the feels

Really sucks. Found Nevermore right after their self titled. Super dark time, music hit the spot in every way. It wasn't until DNB that I realized he wasn't only a great vocalist, but an amazing writer and poet.

By far my favorite artist, absolutely cherished his vocals and lyrics.

It always irked me that he was seemingly always the one dragging their feet with new projects. Sad to know the odds of his novel ever seeing the day of light is slim to none.

Amazing talent. Sad day today...

Reactions: Iris
btw. Since this conversation has been started in some other articles - how old was he? Some sources say 48, some 56

Dear Warrel,
Nevermore of your witty and poetic metaphors;
Nevermore a raw new soundfile through the phone;
Nevermore a warm and giddy 'Happy birthday Iris!' by you and Alex Seretis
from a crappy phonebooth in Greece;
Nevermore 'hi Iris' through the speakers in a packed and sweaty venue,
Nevermore to find out what you once wanted to tell me about that stone;
Forever will I miss the sound of your voice, that sweet and beautiful baritone.

And it's painfully crystal clear to me
That in the garden you will be
And live forever
In memory​

R.I.P. W.D.
♡ • ~Nevermore to feel the pain~ • ♡

-X-
Iris​

Goodbye Warrel, i hope you have found peace of mind and
that you will have your mother at your side, once again.
-
Much love and a warm heart to Warrels family, bandmembers,
dearest friends and my fellow Neverheads. You are in my thoughts.

Last edited:
I remember on Jaime Jasta podcast he said he was born on 1969 so that's where the confusion came from. Man he trolled us hard

Sure the dude looks like he's 13 on these pictures ;)

Not that this matters though. He was young enough to have had the time to give us a couple more things to read and hear. Things about the absurdity of life, for example, which we are all witnessing right now.