Should this woman been booted...discuss

Yes. Not because of the view point, but because of the profanity on the shirt.
She should have been booted if she would not cooperate.
She was able to stay if she would have either covered the profanity or turned the shirt inside out.
She refused.

For the record, the t-shirt said:
"Meet the Fuckers"

It's fucking disgusting that you can get kicked off a plane for that.
I honestly don't think (or at least I cannot imagine) being asked to change/turn inside out a tshirt with the word FUCK on it here in Europe.

Godamned PC bullshit!
Hypocrisy at its best.

What was that one quote that person had from Philo Dickey-"If we're not breaking the rules then we're questioning authority". I was always partial to "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke". Go Cardinals!

lets see, the last time I got on a plane I was wearing;

An Anthrax hat

A megadeth shirt

Black cut off jean shorts

converse all stars

Yeah I got some looks too. But the cute stewardess asked me if I was on tour. I shoulda lied and said yes.

The last time I was on a plane, I was wearing the NFMB hoodie complete with the Notman as pictured at the top of this page. I got one comment...from someone wanting to know where I got the hoodie and how much 'thrax rocks.

remington69 said:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1190044

I say...Hell to the No!

Shit, fuck, staan, death, sex, drugs, rape
These seven words you're trying to take
Shit, fuck, satan, death, sex, drugs, rape
Right or wrong it's our choice to make
America the beautiful, Land of the free
Don't change the words to land of Hypocrisy
Generally, I am against censorship, but with any freedom (including freedom of speech), there is responsibility, and I don't think this constitutes censorship by any means. A shirt like this may be funny, and in appropriate company, I see nothing wrong with it. But as a parent, I think it is poor taste, poor judgement, and inappropriate to wear it in a public place where children can see it in plain sight. ("Daddy, what does "fuckers" mean?"). Not allowing children in to see an R or X-rated movie is not censorship, and if you as a parent want to expose your child to watching profanity, violence, and sex, you have the right to do it in your own home, under circumstances you control. But I would take issue to somebody else exposing my children to that sort of thing in a public venue, so I do think that people don't have enough class or common sense to do it themselves, controls should be put in place to protect others that are more vulnerable.

There was a chick at the Wa. show with that shirt on...shitloads of other people were asking her to let them take her picture..the other good one that night was..."421.... Took me a minute to find my bong" .

No - I don't think she should be booted and I think it's bull shit.

I will say this businesses have the right to refuse service per the signs I've seen in Restaurants and Bars.

I can't wait to wear my shirt to my local elementary school that says:

"All daddies are cock-sucking, mother-fucking, faggots that want to ass fuck every little boy at this school....that includes YOUR dad!"

While I'm at it, I'll wear a shirt with a close up of Ginger Lynn with Long Dong Silver's cock down her throat. The kids will love it.

But then.......I'm sure you would be protecting my "right of free speech" when your kid sees it.

What the hell...I'm in a fiesty mood.
:D

I have to say that I agree with the Airlines. I have the Vio-Lence "Fuck Peace" T-shirt, but don't wear it much, let alone in public. The last time I wore it, in fact, was at a Macine Head/Chimaira/Trivium concert.
I have enough respect for people that I just don't display that type of 'lingo' for others to comment about, and considering the U.S. is at war in Iraq, just displaying the "Fuck Peace" lyric might cause quite of a unruling stir...don't you think?

Airline has the right. I had a White Zombie shirt that said "666 Mutha Fucka", wore it to school, but had a shirt I put over it. I would wear it to concerts, that I feel is an appropriate environment, but I wouldn't wear it to my friend's house, where his parents' run a daycare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remington69
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1190044

I say...Hell to the No!

Shit, fuck, staan, death, sex, drugs, rape
These seven words you're trying to take
Shit, fuck, satan, death, sex, drugs, rape
Right or wrong it's our choice to make
America the beautiful, Land of the free
Don't change the words to land of Hypocrisy

Generally, I am against censorship, but with any freedom (including freedom of speech), there is responsibility, and I don't think this constitutes censorship by any means. A shirt like this may be funny, and in appropriate company, I see nothing wrong with it. But as a parent, I think it is poor taste, poor judgement, and inappropriate to wear it in a public place where children can see it in plain sight. ("Daddy, what does "fuckers" mean?"). Not allowing children in to see an R or X-rated movie is not censorship, and if you as a parent want to expose your child to watching profanity, violence, and sex, you have the right to do it in your own home, under circumstances you control. But I would take issue to somebody else exposing my children to that sort of thing in a public venue, so I do think that people don't have enough class or common sense to do it themselves, controls should be put in place to protect others that are more vulnerable.

Agree with you and it has nothing to do with censorship but being decent. I look at this from the point of view of a 3 year olds father. It has nothing to do with being offended by it, it has to do with a right time and right place.

The company should be able to enforce decency standards if it wants. It's not the government, and that is a HUGE difference. We have freedom of speech to protect those unpopular minority views. We have freedom of association to protect those who do not like other people's uses of their free speech.

Actually, where I work, which I shall not name, the security asked someone to leave for wearing that exact shirt. He had the option of turning the shirt inside out, and he refused. The only difference is, he got his money back. We are a family-oriented business with lots of small children, so I agree with the action.

However, if there was no policy in place before the person went on the plane, they might have a case about not getting their money back. It's definitely not a constitutional issue though.

NP: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind