Shred Guitar Instrumental (an attempt at least)

Riffman15

Mar 27, 2010
So I'm trying to do the solo artist thing now, since bands always end up breaking up and all my hard work comes to naught.

Here's my first song I recorded today. The mix is bad, but I may remix later so I'm open to suggestions. Playing is a little sloppy at parts, but overall the package is pretty tight.

I'm open to any feedback on the songwriting, overall performance, production, mix, and/or anything else you might want to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Good performance. Although the production is a bit flat at this moment. I cranked up my speakers to listen to the piece and it sounds dull.
So it doesn't to the musicianship justice at the moment because to music is good.

I like how you described the song on your blog - "Lady Gaga meets Cacophony meets Iron Maiden." I can hear each of those three in the song.

Solid playing, nice use of the half-diminished and harmonic minor scales. Impressive piece.

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, I knew the chris broderick fans would at least get the concept of the song, others have been bashing the drum sample I chose. . .

Here's a followup song I recorded entitled "club shred".

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome work dude!!!!! i have the same problem as you... just not the motivation to do stuff like this... getting more motivated though! bet it felt good to lay it down!!!! :Spin: