Shreddy?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just saw this on the BW&BK board, shreddy are you gone? If so they have no idea what they're missing.

DSG (DAVID SHANKLE GROUP), featuring former MANOWAR guitarist David Shankle, have posted the following message at their official website:

"DSG is currently searching for: singer/songwriter, keyboardist/songwriter. Keyboardist should have experience in orchestration, sampling, strong songwriting abilities and serious chops. Singer should have killer voice, song writing ability, the metal look and the balls to rock the world. To apply, please submit your demo material to: Magic Circle Music PO Box 7214 Auburn, NY 13022 USA"

DSG's debut album, Ashes To Ashes, was released last June via Magic Circle Music.

Well, without getting into the details the whole band is gone; Kyle M is singing on a number of recording projects, old vocalist Trace is writing his books, Brian went back to Ion Vein, Eddie F is working on his new house and waiting for a new project that appeals to him and manager Llyod is working hard at his normal job.

Myself I've started working on a couple projects. A couple prog projects are happening now, one with former Imperial Rage guitarist Hawk, and I'm talking with some old band members to record some of our old material with a number of guest musicians. I'm going to record some solos for an unsigned band that's really awesome.

At this time Dave is looking for a new set of guys to record with. I dont think playing out is in the plans for DSG for some time, at least until their next CD is released. I'm not sure if the songs that I worked on with DSG will be released with my tracks or not, there were some good new songs lots of dueling solos etc..

Its rather unfortunate that DSG split I thought we had a chance to play a couple of the fests PP's pre-show, BWBK, etc... Sadly I doubt I'm going to play out for a while, my main goal at this time is to record with many bands and musicians as I can. At this stage of my life there should be a few more CDs under my belt than 2.

Well you're a great keyboardist and I wish you all the luck in your new endeavors. As sad as I am to see DSG fizzle that has to mean good things to come for you.

P.S. Does Hawk still work at that music store on Michigan ave?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure Dave will have a good release out soon as well as the rest of us.

I think Hawk stopped working at that music store a long time ago. I remember going to Hawks house and seeing stacks and stacks of classical sheet music he got from that place. He's got his own library of sheet music :)

Ed