Similar band - Circus Maximus

steele1812

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2009
Norway
After I been a Pagan's Mind fan for some few years, I discovered Circus Maximus - their last CD - Isolate. If you are a Pagan's Mind fan, you would LOVE this band. Maybe a little more power metal than PM, but still a prog band.

:kickass:

Hmmm...... I like Circus Maximus, but I disagree about them being more "power metal." Normally, I don't care to "label" bands as this or that, but Circus Maximus is definitely "proggy." In fact, they tend to get a little too proggy for my ears to enjoy them quite as much as PM.

Bryant

I hate to reply to my own post, but I actually think that PM fans out there might also try Vanden Plas as well as Circus Maximus. Vanden Plas has a certain majestic quality to them that few bands possess. The Germans are known to have great discipline and VP is no exception, but VP also manages to give a very ethereal and organic sound at the same time. I know that is an oxymoron, but I can't explain them any other way.

Bryant

Agree with everything everyone has said... My top faves are Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Pagan's Mind, Vanden Plas and Pathosray... :saint:

see you guys in hot-lanta (corny, I know... I know...)