Slaughterous Souls

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
va-tribute_to_at_the_gates_-_slaughterous_souls-cd.jpg

A tribute to At the Gates was released not long ago. Summary, don't bother, this sucks.

1. TAETRE - At the Gates
2. GODHATE - Kingdom Gone
3. MÖRK GRYNING - Neverwhere
4. MOONSKIN - Raped by the Light of Christ
5. DARKNESS BY OATH - The Swarm
6. SOUL DEMISE - Forever Blind
7. ETERNAL OATH - The Fevered Circle
8. ETERNAL GRAY - Blinded by Fear
9. ILLDISPOSED - Slaughter of the Soul
10. ENTER CHAOS - Cold
11. DETONATION - Under a Serpent Sun
12. MISANTHROPE - Suicide Nation
13. PAGANIZER - Nausea
14. VILE - Cold (Live Cover)
15. IN AETERNUM - Blood Run from the Altar (GROTESQUE Cover) (bonus)

The cool track on here is Taetre's "At the Gates" -- they redo it in a "Slaughter of the Soul" type way; the original is far better but the cover is tastefully and skilfully done, and basically just rules. By FAR the best track here, although I haven't heard most of the boring SoTS stuff. The Grotesque cover is cool too, but it's pretty much a note-for-note cover so it's redundant. Mörk Gryning was OK, they did some weird things to the song which don't always work but it ends up tipping towards the positive side of the scale. Godhate is OK too, nothing spectacular.

However, the main reason I made this thread is to let you all hear the biggest fucking blasphemy ever, I mean this band is just TOTAL SHITE -- some demo-level band from Israel that sounds like a 6th-rate Moonspell clone (called Moonskin, oh how original) covering a great song and managing to make it COMPLETE AND UTTER FAECES. I mean, listen to this.

Moonskin - Raped by the Light of Christ, kindly don't sue me for providing this for amusement purposes :)

You totally and utterly nailed the good songs and pointed out the worst cover. That Moonskin cover needs to be heard and then urinated on. I like the Godhate cover the most I think, but maybe it's because it's a local band.