Slayer Exposed!

Emperor

The Unholy
I Think we all like Slayer, but take a look at this, it's really funny
:D :

ExposedSlayer2.jpg

Check out this flyer for Slayer from 1982! The Heavy Metal Nightmare Begins? Really? Lets take a closer look...

ExposedSlayer.jpg

ExposedSlayer3.jpg

This is Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King from 1980. Not very Satanic, huh?
These guys must have sold themselves to the Devil years later in exchange for some cooler clothes!

Below are a variety of High School Year Book photos from Tom Araya's senior year. For going on to become Slayer's lead singer, the guy looks pretty happy!
ExposedSlayer4.jpg

ExposedSlayer8.jpg
ExposedSlayer6.jpg

Those that find it funny never lived back then. Trust me, baggy pants, clown make-up (er...corpse paint), cookie monster vocals, rap vocals in metal, and many other things thouht of as cool today will be looked at with just as much laughter 20 years from now.

A trend is a trend is a trend and anything that becomes the more common 'style' will be looked at as such in a decade or two.

I don't think these pictures look any more funny than any other High school pix. Funny thing is that Metal-Sludge takes many of their 'exposed' pix from the band's web sites themselves.

Yeah they're funny, even if I don't like Slayer. Does anyone else think Tom's face looks like a dark wrinkly ball sac most of the time nowadays? I'm not sure why, that's just what his noggin reminds me of.