So I'm off to Malaysia

spaffe

Geisterglut
Feb 25, 2002
Sverige
www.skivsamling.nu
And I will probably browse through a couple of Kuala Lumpur's cd stores in hope of finding some neat musical souvenir. The thing is that I don't know of a single malaysian metal band, so any of you got some recomendations?

Metal Archives actually lists 159 malaysian bands so there ought to be something worthwhile in there. Or am I perhaps over optimistic?

^^

Absolutely correct. If there is metal out there, it's deep deep underground....probably in the same place they make all those snuff movies.

Plus, for some reason, SE Asia is big into goregrind so you might find some of that shit flying about.

Have a good time, sir. It's too bad that you don't post around here as much! You have some excellent things to say...

Ah yes, I remember that thread about the music ban, but I wonder if it was enacted :/ I'll look around anyway, you never know what you'll stumble across - I was quite surprised to find a Xasthur cd in one of Singapore's colossal shopping malls.

But there are no recomendations to be had then?

Malaysia/south east asia in general = 1980's bay area, but a million times more insane because they are basicly criminals, like Mike said.