So is Without Face on Earache now or what?

Do you mean are they still on Earache? If so, then yes. The band have undergone a couple of line-up changes since the departure of Juliette (female vocals) and Roomy (Guitars) but the band have found new members who will be announced soon.

They hope to record the new album in early 2003.

Juliette and Roomy have since formed a new band called To-Mera and will be recording a demo shortly. It's said to be heavy, progressive metal influenced by the likes of Opeth, Meshuggah, Symphony X and Pain Of Salvation.

Thanks

Lee

Without Face are by far one of my favourite bands. Their style of music is very entrancing and melodic, as well as powerfull. I e-mailed Julie on a fairly regular basis (and yes she's very cool, cool enough to e-mail a fan back anyways) and I was very anticipated to hear that I would get to see them live soon, and that they were working on a new album. And then Roomy and Julie both left and that went down the shitter. I don't think the two new members will hardly make up for the loss, but I sure hope they somewhat have the skill that the two former members have. But besides that, I'm looking forward to a To-Mera album a bit more than a new Without Face album. Woo, can't wait to hear the stuff.

FuSoYa said:
I heard this rumor.

...well, WF's Astronomicon is a waaaaay cool CD, shame it came to the split it did, but hey, on the plus side maybe there's two cool bands (re)born from it.

Hey Andi Mulch...um, yeah I would agree, especially when you see them live...Ah, Juliette...nowt better than a fine looking lady with a impressive set of lungs (erm, one second while I drift of into a sexist fantasy for a moment...)

WF was excellent, I hope they'll continue in a similar vein, and I'm looking forward to hearing what Roomy and Juliette have come up with.

There's too many damn "The Gathering" clone bands, (The Gathering rule thier roost), or bands that draw comparisons to them, WF did thier own thing, I'm hoping WF and To-Mera will surpass them...and, more importantly, destroy that lameass Evanescence suckasscrap
pseudo-christian(whenitsuitsthem)formulericbullshitbollocks.

...Mmmm well, I enjoyed getting that off my chest.

Well, coming from a straight man's point of view, hah, I can clearly say that Andras is almost as hot as Juliette. Seriously, give him some tits and he'd be hot, hell yeah. :erk: well anyways, did anyone see the "I and I" video? lol, wtf was that shit. Peter was all posing and shit and he had that "fuck me" look. And also, who was the girl? I know Julie didn't join untill 2000....and the album came out in 98 or 99? How did that work, and why does it say she wrote the lyrics if she wasn't even in the band? This has been bothering me, immensely......I have no life. :(

She was involved as the lyricist for the band before she joined as the vocalist. She was pretty much the only member who spoke English, so I'm not sure who will be doing that now.

The Dark Symphonies re-release of the first album lists Juliette as the vocalist, but it's actually the old singer on there. They have quite similar voices though, so it's lead to further confusion.

And yes, I remember a few ladies becoming hot and bothered at the sight of Andras at the last Earache Xmas party :)

ah fuck, thanks Lee, I made it a big deal to try to figure out what the fuck was going on with the booklet and why she was listed as the lyricist even though she wasn't in the band at the time. Personally, I think whoever the fuck the female singer was on the first album had a softer and prettier voice, but yeah, they do sound ALOT alike so that's fine. I'm guessing she was the girl in that video. I was thinking her name was Anna or something.

what an interesting place to find a Without Face thread...!
I'm completely blown away by the fact that it's not Julie singing on 'Deep Inside'.

Hey guys!I've became one of the biggest Without Face fan in the Midlands!:eek:) I've just met Andreas (singer) on last weekend, and he said there are some new demo songs on their homepage... I've checked them out and i have to say they're absolutely brilliant!I think the new female singer's got a quite similar voice (or even better) then Juliette has.Cool stuff!!!;o) So if you're intrested then check these out:
http://www.withoutface.34sp.com/desperatesv.mp3
http://www.withoutface.34sp.com/whenmyeyessv.mp3