so ... porcupine tree and anathema played in stuttgart

[KOTNO]Narrot

Eats and spits corpses...
Sep 2, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
wtf is up with wilson? so many songs from in fear of a blank planet, one unreleased from the In absentia Sessions and another one from nil recurring which is not released yet either i think (at least not here in europe). ONE song from in absentia 'sound of muzak' which is imo not exactly the best song of that album. at least they played 'a smart kid' and 'dark matter' which both were awesome ... they also played 'the sky moves sideways phase 1' which got me really excited but then it was just some butchered version which left out most of the cool parts.
just to complete this: they played halo and open car from deadwing (not very awesome choices either imo).

i say: not really a great setlist and not worth 33 euros ... the sound was awesome tho. never heard such a cool sounding drum kit live. whatever

Well, with PT it's often hit or miss setlist wise considering their musical range (I'd have liked the set you described) but I never heard a bad word about their performance in general. I didn't even noticed that they're on tour here now, probably would have gone to Stuttgart,too.

lol @ my spelling

a smart kid was awesome and sky moves sideways startet nice but ended after 5 minutes in a chuggachugga riff fest

and anathema: well, we were late and anathema was already almost at the end of the set when we arrived and when i finally managed to get somewhere near the stage they were finished. fragile dreams sounded very nice ...

well, i did as far as i know. i dont know the titles from the new album. they played Anesthetize for sure and way out of here. but i dont know which other songs they played from IFOABL because i have no ideas about the titles