So what was the answer to the motW puzzle?

Aug 9, 2006
The one that's alluded to in the first page of the notes for the LYBM reissue? I remember talking about it with some guys like a year ago, but I forget everything besides that it was related to the lyrics of the secret song and hebrew script. And something about the words 'floopy poop', but I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

As far as I know, no one has discovered the "answer", nor will they ever. As we delved deeper and deeper, it became stranger and stranger; eventually, I came to understand that the puzzle itself mirrored the occult studies Byron was doing while they wrote the album; I think the puzzle was something like his personal notes, and represented his personal cosmology. So it's not exactly unsolvable, but I think it's unfathomable by anyone other than Byron himself, and our efforts to make all these hidden connections bring us closer to his idea of the world without ever quite touching it. Parabola-like. It's like asking "What's the secret of life?" There's no one-line answer, but that doesn't mean the question is unanswerable; just that it's personal and emerges from the study you undertake as you research the question.

I could be wrong about everything I said above, but I that's what I've concluded based on conversations with Toby, Byron, and other members of MOTW. Note that, from what I have been told, there is still a significant "solvable" part of the puzzle that I've never heard anyone touch upon, and I can't reveal it myself because I didn't figure it out myself; I was stumped and I got a big hint from one of the MOTW guys. After hearing the hint, I understood the difficulty of the puzzle itself and that was pretty much the end of my efforts.

xfer said:
As far as I know, no one has discovered the "answer", nor will they ever. As we delved deeper and deeper, it became stranger and stranger; eventually, I came to understand that the puzzle itself mirrored the occult studies Byron was doing while they wrote the album; I think the puzzle was something like his personal notes, and represented his personal cosmology. So it's not exactly unsolvable, but I think it's unfathomable by anyone other than Byron himself, and our efforts to make all these hidden connections bring us closer to his idea of the world without ever quite touching it. Parabola-like. It's like asking "What's the secret of life?" There's no one-line answer, but that doesn't mean the question is unanswerable; just that it's personal and emerges from the study you undertake as you research the question.

that was a swell post alex. made me feel warm inside

There should be a thread about it somewhere, i can't remember the details anymore but we got quite a few things connected together. Still, putting it all together and coming up with a final answer is pretty much impossible and/or too much effort.

... unless there were a prize up for grabs...

:)

I hope it never gets "solved". at this point, I can't conceive of an answer that wouldn't be a letdown because it's been built up in my mind over like eight years or however long it's been.

There is no puzzle or any secret. It was all a matter of trying to caught people attetion in order to buy those albuns and maybe discouver what is behind the lyrics. So, pure marketing!

: o )