Some good Grindcore bands

Discordance Axis and Disharmonic Orchestra's first two albums are jolly good fun.

Cryptic Slaughter too unless your in your heart of hearts you put them in the "thrash" cubby hole of your metal generic schema dreams.

Sikth and Brimstone beat me to the band suggestions. Also try Disrupt, Old Extreme
Noise Terror(grind punk) and Anal Cunt.( well there comedic grind) And I forgot the name of this band (someone help me) but it's consist of doctors and coroners and
they play some pretty brutal shit!

The only thing I have so far that I like is Pig Destroyer stuff, that's really nice.

Edit: Oh, and what I've listened to by !T.O.O.H.! sounds very interesting.

I do have 'Altered States Of America' by Agoraphoric Nosebleed, but I haven't seen yet how it's anything besides novelty.

misfit said:
Good grindcore is an oxymoron.

Quoted for stupidity

@Barking Pumpkin

!T.O.O.H.! are really good, though I consider them as being really weird death metal with grind elements. I've got From Higher Will and Pod vladou bice, they seem to have started off as quite grindy, but there latest one is bit more progressive and avant-garde-ish.

As for agoraphobic nosebleed, there stuff before Alterered states... (frozen corpse stuffed with dope et al) was quite good. Your right on altered states though, its only real value is for shits and giggles.

sikth said:
Quoted for stupidity

What would you define as a good grindcore song anyway? I've heard Napalm Death's Scum and at its best, it's really just random unrelated riffs strung together with a twice-as-loud drum kit and even more random vocals. At its worst is blipcore like "You Suffer" or rambling with blast-beats like "Pseudo Youth".

KMADD said:
Sikth and Brimstone beat me to the band suggestions. Also try Disrupt, Old Extreme
Noise Terror(grind punk) and Anal Cunt.( well there comedic grind) And I forgot the name of this band (someone help me) but it's consist of doctors and coroners and
they play some pretty brutal shit!

Do you mean The County Medical Examinors?

Richaod said:
What would you define as a good grindcore song anyway? I've heard Napalm Death's Scum and at its best, it's really just random unrelated riffs strung together with a twice-as-loud drum kit and even more random vocals. At its worst is blipcore like "You Suffer" or rambling with blast-beats like "Pseudo Youth".

You've heard scum, is that it? Your really qualified to comment on grind then aren't you? Go listen to some of the suggestions in this thread, then come back.

Good starting points are World downfall by Terrorizer, Need to control by Brutal truth, Horrified by Repulsion and Prowler in the yard by Pig destroyer.

xpet - you talking about Caninus? (The pitbull-vocalled band)