Some news...

dammit Todd.

You stole my very joke.

My very very joke. Word for word.

Goddammit.

Oh, by the way, FUCKIN' A COOPS! Good Luck and shit.

\m/

high fives to you buddy. I used to be friends ith a rocket scientest who did 3 yrs at NASA. He said it was the greatest life and learning experience he ever has had. He said he learnt more in that 3 yrs than the 7yrs at uni.
Best of luck to you!

JonBonJovi said:
He said he learnt more in that 3 yrs than the 7yrs at uni.
That's not so unusual. I've probably learnt more about finance and economics by reading Footrot Flats than I have the past 5 years at uni..

Rocket Man (John/Taupin)

She packed my bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And I'm gonna be high as a kite by then
I miss the earth so much I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a timeless flight

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man

And I think it's gonna be a long long time...

congrats dude, i hope you've got the motivation for 2 more years of research :) Good luck with it!

Cooperman,
excellent news, and congratulations.

Unfortunately a band named "astrochemist" brings visions of the 60's 70's, rather than metal.

BTW, how can I get that annoying 5% water out of methylated spirits so that I can make biodiesel instead of soap ?

That's what I was going to suggest! Actually no it's not, for I have no clue. Sorry folks, move on, there's nothing to see here.

Cooperman said:
A crap way is to add anhydrous sodium carbonate and then filter this off... but if you can find some molecular sieves and store your methylated spirits in some of them, then that'd be the best way.
Thanks.

you can dry them sieves out in the oven can't you ?

I've got a batch sitting on some sodium carbonate, and will see how it goes.

Best success I've had so far is to put about 200ml of polenta in a bottle of meths, and leave it sit for a month.

Still, even with special meths, I have about a 30% success rate. Will get a drum of methanol $$$$$ next week I think.