Some recommendations please.....

DaveGYNWA

Jan 3, 2007
www.ywa.tv
Right - my wife is pregnant with our first child, and is 26 weeks into the pregnancy. Baby is active - she moves and kicks, and is in her own little routine.

We've started playing music to her, via headphones to the bump, and she responds nicely - for example, Testament's "Electric Crown" seems to be a favourite but we think it might be a bit too much for her at this point. :D

Now....we're not going to hit her with the Obituary or Deicide yet (wife won't let me) and I've got a small playlist of stuff that gets played by my wife when I'm not around. The playlist includes stuff like:

Opeth - Burden/Coil/Isolation Years
Anathema - Natural Disaster/Closer/Are you there?
Paradise Lost - Gone/Another desire/Host
Testament - Return to serenity

So...over to you lot....gimme some recommendations. Nothing too extreme please - just something nice and quiet, with maybe a bit of OOOMPH! to it.

First of all, Congratulations my man! My mum used to play Led Zeppelin for me when I was in her belly and when I was young, so I recommend that and Aerosmith also. They might be too smooth for your taste but since you send something not extreme and with some OOOMPH!:kickass:

Cheers mate

Aerosmith are my favourite band - and she's getting some of that in there too. Early years, not the mid-80s onwards too.

The wife can deal with the Zeppelin input - I bloody hate 'em :D

Congrats!

I'd play her some Floyd. Floyd based indoctrination should start prenatally.
much agreed. also give the child a healthy dose of NWOBHM. maiden, angel witch, diamond head. throw in some dio and a bit of firewind,and blind guardian. also spin some of the classics. i.e. mozart, vivaldi, paganini, bach etc. also check out the lute compositions of john downey.
Cheers and good luck. i'm sure she'll grow up a fine woman.