Mar 27, 2002
Santiago, Chile
Visit site
Hi there!

For all of you who like bass related music,
with no borders or restrictions, here are
some suggestions:

Vail Johnson - Terminator (1995)
Funky slapper. Mark King/Stanley Clarke style.
I heard of him the first time, through some awesome
bass solo in a Kenny G live recording
(shame on me listening Kenny G!!! hehe,
...but I won't do it again!!)

T.M. Stevens - Out of control/Boom! (1996)
Heavy distorted rocking bass.
He's a session player, but also a music writer.
Good moments. He played in Steve Vai's Sex & Religion.

Armand Sabal-Lecco - Another World (John Patitucci) (1993)
Armand Sabal-Lecco - East River Drive (Stanley Clarke) (1993)
African jazz player. Original & cool.
A groove generator.

Richard Bona - Scenes from My Life (1999)
Richard Bona - Reverence (2001)
Another good african jazz player.
Also a good singer and multi-instrumentalist.
He's now playing percussion and vocals with
Pat Metheny.

That's all for now.

Regards,
Hakkikt

I already mentioned those and I'll do it again here:

Adrian Davison - He's the ultimate in tapping - really!
He's got four albums from the late eighties/early nineties and can't play anymore due to hand injuries. This is awesome music, just listen and know how shitty you are, hehe....

Another band player in Metal - Rev Ghames. He's now in the Black Symphony and shitty UFO. Listen to what he did on the first two Forte albums (Stranger than Fiction & Division). He's a pick player mainly, but he's also a tapping virtuoso and fast as hell...a fine songwriter, too.

So long, who knows another one?

Originally posted by Occam's Razor
I already mentioned those and I'll do it again here:

Adrian Davison - He's the ultimate in tapping - really!
He's got four albums from the late eighties/early nineties and can't play anymore due to hand injuries. This is awesome music, just listen and know how shitty you are, hehe....

Do you have his albums?
I've been unable to get some songs nor music samples.
Trade?

Regards,
Hakkikt

You can get those four albums exclusively from Adrian himself. You can e-mail him (adavison@interlog.com) and he should have started a web site this summer, but I haven't found anything yet.
The albums are 15$ each and the packaging is really poor, but the content is worth the money.
As far as trading with me, I think Davison should get money for his art. He's not active anymore, since he used not to take care of his hands and practiced hard and long. He injured himself with it. A part of the money he receives for the CDs goes off to some health organization that is keen on curing diseases like that (I lost the name of that illness...it was not the carpal tunnel syndrome...). If you don't find anything from him on the net and you'd like to listen before you buy, we could make an arrangement, of course...
Good night!

Originally posted by Occam's Razor
You can get those four albums exclusively from Adrian himself. You can e-mail him (adavison@interlog.com) and he should have started a web site this summer, but I haven't found anything yet.

Yeap... I've read about his sickness, what a damnation to a musician not being able to play.
I'd like to heard a couple of song of every album. So I choose which ones to buy. Contact me at hakkikt@yahoo.com, for further arrangements. OK?

Regards,
Hakkikt