Something to put my state Metal Map

J-Dubya 777

It NEVER ends
Nov 7, 2004
Cheeseland USA
I live in WI, and I'm both ashamed & amused over this:

MAN BEATEN OVER BAD DIO
14th November 2008
Let this be a warning to you all – if you perform classic rock tracks at karaoke, make sure you do them justice otherwise there will be consequences… A man in River Falls, Wisconsin has been arrested after allegedly attacking and beating another man in a karaoke bar for his version of Dio's 1983 classic 'Holy Diver.' The appropriately named Kyle Drinkwine apparently took such offence to a performance of the Dio track that he attacked the guy singing it and was promptly arrested. The Smoking Gun quotes a River Falls Police Department report as saying that, Drinkwine throttled singer James Mischler and his friend Cyrus Kozub "over one's ability to sing karaoke." He was apparently apprehended after a short foot chase and was found to be two times over the state alcohol limit.

Well, there are times I want to rip the throat out of someone who's butchering a song I like. Haha, I'll keep my drinking to a minimum around karaoke bars, I guess :)

I don't blame the guy.
There ought to be a law against the butchering of Dio tunes.
Kind of like when Wayne Campbell was in the guitar store and he started to play Stairway to Heaven....

waynesworldnostairwaystel1.jpg

nostairway_waynesworld.jpg

I first heard this story discussed on CHELSEA LATELY. My favorite late nite talk show!

The sad thing is, this guy most likely knows this song as performed by Killswitch, which is why it was probably so bad.

I first heard this story discussed on CHELSEA LATELY. My favorite late nite talk show!

The sad thing is, this guy most likely knows this song as performed by Killswitch, which is why it was probably so bad.

Interesting, I actually happen to find the KSE version of Holy Diver really cool!!!

Anyways, can you guys imagine if we had that many angry people at the ProgPower karaoke? :lol: