SONATA ARCTICA

:headbang: :kickass: :kickass: SONATA!!!

Black Sheep
Wolf And Raven
Weballergy
The Cage
Silver Tongue
Abandoned, Pleased, Brainwashed, Exploited
Misplaced
Don't Say a Word

I could go on and on and on!!! This is one band who's albums are so complete, I can't think of one dud actually!

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Smokin: :worship: :worship: :headbang: :kickass:

What a great decision this is. Sonata Arctica is one of the first bands that got me into metal along with rhapsody about 5 or 6 years ago. (I know that I shoulda liked it sooner but im only 19 so i deserve some slack). Anyways The End of This Chapter and White Pearl Black Oceans are two of the best songs I have ever heard. The lyrics are amazing, as well as evil.:heh:

I also saw these guys in Sanfrancisco n needless to say they completely blew me away with their energy and showmanship. Hennka Jani and Toni are absolute characters on stage imo. What a great choice this was as the headliners.:kickass:

I would imagine between Sonata, Firewind, Communic and Virgin Steele, anyone who doesn't like any of them on disc will be more than pleased with their live performances. I get a bit bored with all of Virgin Steele's epic biz sometimes, but I'm sure it's better live. Nearly every metal band I've seen live was better than their recorded output.

Great list, those are the songs I want to hear, too. But I'm afraid they won't because they're too "ballady"??

You are probably right. Well if I had two to choose from my list of four, I would probably take Replica and the stalker song.

As many great songs as Sonata Arctica has, I'd LOVE to hear them do their cover of Still Loving You.

Agree with the overall sentiment, but "Die With Your Boots On" is the cover I'd most like to hear them do. It's the best Iron Maiden cover I;ve ever heard since it is faithful to the original without being a carbon copy - and it's also one of my favorite Maiden songs at that.

great live band...when devane opened for them at the masqerade earlier this year i was very nervous cause i had heard their fans were almost like metallica's in the early days...very unaccepting of anyone but them...luckily we went over pretty well...but it was nerve wracking to be sure...a great relief when nobody really hated us...lol...we hung around to watch sonata...and i couldnt believe how tight they were musically...if you like them you wont be disappointed at all...d.m.

great live band...when devane opened for them at the masqerade earlier this year i was very nervous cause i had heard their fans were almost like metallica's in the early days...very unaccepting of anyone but them...luckily we went over pretty well...but it was nerve wracking to be sure...a great relief when nobody really hated us...lol...we hung around to watch sonata...and i couldnt believe how tight they were musically...if you like them you wont be disappointed at all...d.m.

indeed.gif

great live band...when devane opened for them at the masqerade earlier this year i was very nervous cause i had heard their fans were almost like metallica's in the early days...very unaccepting of anyone but them...luckily we went over pretty well...but it was nerve wracking to be sure...a great relief when nobody really hated us...lol...

No, as a matter of fact I recall you made a lot of friends at that show, including some here on this Forum! :headbang:

we hung around to watch sonata...and i couldnt believe how tight they were musically...if you like them you wont be disappointed at all...d.m.

It was a great show....I can't remember the exact numbers but as I recall, the show did quite well....and there were an amazing number of younger kids there. What IS it with these young Finnish bands? :D

There are only 4 main albums, get the first 2 and one of the latest two.

I want to hear My Land again live. The climax of that song is so fucking rockin.

Am I the only one who really wants to hear Champaigne Bath live? Or Wildfire for that matter.

Nope. I love both those songs. Listening to Wildfire right now. Don't have Champagne Bath on this mp3 cd though. Only tossed on Reckoning Night & Silence. Couldn't fit any other albums with Communic, Redemption, & Vandan Plas on it.

And I do think For the Sake of Revenge is a great overall album to listen to while also getting a feel for their live show.

There are only 4 main albums, get the first 2 and one of the latest two.

I want to hear My Land again live. The climax of that song is so fucking rockin.

Agreed on the first part. Their first two studio album are definitely stronger than their last two. I would suggest getting those two albums (Ecliptica and Silence) and Successor. That is not one of their "studio" albums, but it does have some killer covers and some great live tracks.

Another question...

Why does Sonata's bass player look so disinterested lately? I saw them both times they came through Cleveland. The first time he was what I'd consider normal for a bass player. The second time he looked like he wanted to be ANYHERE but on stage.

Try coming over here from Europe and doing a tour for X number of days in an area you're not that familiar with, strange meals, maybe not so great pay, strange hours, maybe food poisoning etc..... He could've just had a bad night.

Another question... Why does Sonata's bass player look so disinterested lately? I saw them both times they came through Cleveland. The first time he was what I'd consider normal for a bass player. The second time he looked like he wanted to be ANYHERE but on stage.