Songs of Moors and Misty Fields

The sad part is when i attempt to sing along with the operatic vocals at around the 2 minute mark in 'fortgang' I've gotten dirty looks on the bus once before :zombie:

ps. snow check your pm box

haha, so I'm the only one who actually entirely digs Wintersunset. maybe because it's their most metal release and I like metal. nothing on SOngs of Moors has hit me near as much as track 6 on Wintersunset

J. said:
haha, so I'm the only one who actually entirely digs Wintersunset. maybe because it's their most metal release and I like metal. nothing on SOngs of Moors has hit me near as much as track 6 on Wintersunset

No, of course you aren't the only one that "entirely digs" it. It's a fantastic album. If I had a gun to my head though and had to rate their albums, I'd still put Songs above it.

Can somebody please post a sampling of Naervaer. I'm quite intrigued and prophecy productions has turned el geigh with their samplings. They say that they can no longer post full mp3s, and all future mp3s will just be a streaming 45 sec blurb. Bah! :err:

Glad you enjoyed it :D
Well, then don't bother checking out the band at all, the rest is pretty much from the same mould. The do throw some e-guitars now and then but they're pretty sucky, I suggest they drop them completely and stick with the epic stuff.

Doom said:
J if you are not convinced by this album yet, just put on "Mourners", my favourite song on the album (and of all time). Specifically, wait for the section from 6:02 to around 7:54. This includes the build up to what is the most heart wrenching guitar solo I've ever heard. I've heard this song hundreds of times, and that solo still brings a tear to my eye.

Oh yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. I cannot agree more.

That entire section (solo included) is quite possibly the finest piece of music ever played (alongside the strings section in "Waldpoesie"). Anyway, each time that section comes along, I have to turn the volume up and just stop what I'm doing to lose myself in the moment.

And then "Ode to Melancholy" arrives.....oh man, so heartwrenching....jeebus, 10/10 album all the way.

We're in the season for the best that music has to offer. Oh it feels great to be listening to Orchid, A Journey's End, Songs of Moors, Autumn Aurora, etc again.

I'm with jaykeely on this. Waldpoesie is pure greatness, i could die during that song and it would be a great way to go. Empyrium had everything going on that album.

So true.

Although I will reserve Weiland until after the clocks change and the nights grow longer and colder...