Songs that take you back.....

Southy

Proud Brisbane Metaller
Jul 28, 2001
Brisbane,Australia
Visit site
what is a song/songs that when you hear it, it makes you think of days gone by??

i'l start shall i??

Buckcherry-Whiskey in the morning. Heard it today and it just reminded me so much of what i got upto in my more youthful days..ahhh gone are the days

now its your turn.....well..just dont stare...start replying

Smoke on the Water , Deep Purple , how me and 3 of my mates drove from Bourke (Western NSW ) in a ute drinking longknecks all the way to see Purple in Sydney in 1984 . Two of my mates got so drunk at the Bayswater Hotel they did'nt see the band , as a rather posh lady in a Merc got a flat outside the Pub they changed the tyre she gave them $50 bucks each so they then drank it .........Ah those were they days ,.....

Lots of Kiss memories.... Love Gun reminds me of being 2 metres from Paul during the concert last year when they played it, You Love Me To Hate You for some reason always takes me back to when I was first getting into Kiss, probably coz Hot In The Shade was my 2nd Kiss album and that was my fave song on it.... and Shandi reminds me of a girl who I miss because it was her fave song and there's a few memories there...

Hmmm what else. Bed Of Roses, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead and Keep The Faith by Bon Jovi reminds me of being 9 or 10 years old again because I was obsessed by those songs then...

That's all I can think of at the moment. Ohh, and the November Rain video clip reminds me of primary school for obvious reason because back in grade 3 the world seemed to revolve around Guns N Roses :) Those were the days!

Lots and lots of 80's early 90's stuff especially if it was a band that came here to Australia.
But mainly in international stuff Bon Jovi (my obsession has lasted 17yrs),Skid Row,etc etc
But also lots of local bands that I used to go and see at venues here in Sydney such as Springfields,Kardoma (Tom Tom Club),The Cobra Club,The Cathouse(Melb).

Man, heaps...

Lots of Pseudo Echo, Duran Duran, Koo De Tah, etc. remind me of my first pop band and first real girlfriend (there's a story in itself!)...

Metallica's Puppets album, Dokken's Back For The Attack and Dio's Sacred Heart (heaps more, but those primarily for some reason) bring back great memories of when I first started getting into metal and playing the guitar...

I think probably the most sacred memories are the rough, god-awful early EARLY demos of Dungeon songs and rehearsing them in high school halls and people's lounge rooms, etc. Just the freedom to do whatever you want and not having to worry about the business side of stuff, money, marketing, etc. and the innocence of it all makes that time so special!

Hearing some Maiden songs reminds me of sixth form at school, along with Blow Up Your Video by AC/DC. God I hated that year at school!

Hearing ...And Justice For All, South Of Heaven, So Far, So Good...So What!, The Headless Children, Appetite for Destruction... all remind me of seventh form at school. Fuck, that was a sweet year!

Loads of late 80s thrash reminds me of 1990, cos that's when I bought most of it!

Lots of things bring back different memories though... Too many to list 'em all.

Any Metallica song off Kill 'Em All can remind me of my early substance abuse. Any early U2 song can remind me of my substance abuse with a girlfriend.

I'll leave it at that. :)

Early KISS stuff reminds me of when I was five or six and just discovering the decadent world of rock n' roll. :headbang: God of Thunder scared me witless in those days.

Live After Death and Somewhere In Time take me back to a few years later, when I was 10 and had got over my fear of Maiden's album covers enough to listen to the music inside :lol:

Plenty more stories, but those are the main ones.

W

geez stevo seems to be the only one with any real shared memotire..cmon people this isnt releiving the boredom like it was ment to..let be a little more specific for the sake of it :D

Lemme see... I won't mention particular songs, but particular years.

1986 - the year I got into metal. I was 10. Listened to Live After Death, then Somewhere in Time, and then discovered a whole new world of music over the next couple of years, especially from watching MTV on Channel 9 late on Friday and Saturday nights (when Richard Wilkins hosted it and they always played heaps of great 80s metal), and Rage as well, when it seemed every second week they'd have a metal night.

It was around this time that I saw a video for GNR's "Sweet Child O' Mine". I figured this would be the last I'd hear of this band, as they didn't seem to be much different to every other LA band around at the time.

1989 - First year of high school, and my first gig - Poison. What a disappointment that was. Didn't see another gig until...

1990 - The end of the longest two years in recorded history, because this was when Maiden finally released another album, albeit without one fifth of the classic line-up.

1992 - Def Leppard. This was more like it.

1993 - Final year of high school. The DJ at the end of year formal apparently had strict orders from the principal not to play any rock music, but the final song was "Never Say Goodbye" by Bon Jovi. Quite appropriate - final day of the final year of school, playing the sort of music which had been a soundtrack for the last 7 years or so.

Yeah, so no actual songs, just years and such. Just trying to keep yer thread alive, Southy :)

Nah, I think it's because some bloke's been posting polls all day and this thread has gone down the list a bit and people are missing it :)

I've been tryin to think of some for the last day or so, but didn't come up with much...

Theres a few albums that remind me of school trips a couple of years back, where I sat on the bus with my discman listening to good music. :)

I remember the first time I heard Megadeth, I saw the clip for "No More Mr Nice Guy" on Rage, and quite liked it, so I often hear that song and think of that. The first time I heard Maiden was when I bought NOTB from a 2nd hand shop after it had been recommended to me (I bought my first 'Deth cd that day too, Peace Sells :)), so sometimes when I listen to NOTB it reminds me of that era.

Theres a few Warrant and Poison songs that remind me of my VERY young childhood, when my sister used to play them.

Lots of vague stuff like that. :)