Songs that you would like to cover

BlackMetalWhiteGuy

Manly Man!
Apr 15, 2007
Cooperstown and Oswego, NY
The original songs don't have to be metal, and your cover versions don't have to be metal, either. Either way, which songs would you choose to cover and why?

Here are my top picks:

Bear Necessities, from Disney's The Jungle Book - I would change much about this song, but I think it would be fun to sing after I'm a better vocalist, because my voice is deep like Balloo's.

Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers Theme Song - This would be completely instrumental, with metal guitar and a lot of synths.

Colors of the Wind, from Disney's Pocahontas - I love Disney music. I also want to create a death metal band with a lyrical focus on evolution and natural history and this song loosely matches that theme and I think it would be a great hidden track to put on an album, although I would probably have to change some of the lyrics.

Dance of the Hours, by Amilcare Ponchielli - I just think it would be fun to play.

Duck Tales Theme Song - This would be completely instrumental, with metal guitar and a lot of synths.

Everything I Do (I Do it for You), by Bryan Adams - This would start off softly like the original, but would transgress into extreme metal. Honestly, I don't know if I could really pull this off, but it would be fun to try. Fortunately, enough other people have covered this song that I doubt my version would be the worst one out there.

Fugue in G Minor, by Bach - Another instrumental that I think would be fun to play.

Disney's Gargoyles Theme - Another instrumental that I think would be fun to play.

Night on Bald Mountain, by Modest Mussorgsky - One of the first black metal pieces ever written :lol: It defintely deserves a tribute, but as far as I know, it hasn't been covered by any metal bands yet.

Thundercats Theme - I just really like this song and would love to play it.

Total Eclipse of the Heart, by a million other bands - I want to make a death metal version, simply for my own amusement. Fortunately, enough other people have covered this song that I doubt my version would be the worst one out there.

X-Men (animated) Intro Theme - I just really like this song and would love to play it.

You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch - I have a deep voice, so I could probably sing this perfectly... if I could sing at all :p

Megaman games.
You know how each "man" has their own level with its own music. yea, i'd covered some of those levels.

Megaman 2 of Nintendo.
-Crashman's level.
-Airman's level.
-Woodman's level.

Megaman 3.
-Snakeman's level
-Magnetman's level.
-Topman's level.

The Intro to Sweeney Todd (This was removed from the Burton version, if thats all you saw), because it's dark as hell and would be great as metal, and fun to growl or scream.

Pokemon Theme song, death metal style - the original theme song, btw
Amon Amarth - Death In Fire
Running Wild - Chains and Leather
and some more I'll think of

A metal version of Zeppelin's "No Quarter." I'm still waiting for it, c'mon... anyone!!!

Also, a metal cover of Tull's "Heavy Horses."

I play an acoustic version of that song that I'm pretty pleased with.

Jethro Tull - Broadsword (I envision a killer keyboard solo)
King Crimson - The Court of The Crimson King
and of course: Chumbawumba - Tubthumping :kickass: