Sox Win!!! Sox Win!!!

I am really not a baseball fan, but I am honestly tickled to death that The Sox have won. I think it is a little ironic that Schilling did have a red sock. What a warrior !! I normally root for National league (though I really don't care that much) but I wanted Boston to get this one. Now New Enagland can get their asses kicked by The Steelers this Sunday !!@

Bryant

Curt Shilling is Unbelievable .... the job he did man thats real Baseball! Heart and Dedication they went from being trounced by the scumbag Yankees to Killing the ineffective Cardinals Which is to bad I was Hoping they would play better they were like limp noodles out there :) ..... at the moment there isnt to many folks that even care about the Pats hahahahahaha how many games have they won straight 20 - 21 I dont know most ppl are talkin about the Sox :loco:

Wow, this was even mentioned on Belgian TV , has to be big news in the USA ! Damn, was I sure Baby Ruth was an icehokey player :loco:

JonnyD said:
Curt Shilling is Unbelievable .... the job he did man thats real Baseball! Heart and Dedication they went from being trounced by the scumbag Yankees to Killing the ineffective Cardinals Which is to bad I was Hoping they would play better they were like limp noodles out there :) ..... at the moment there isnt to many folks that even care about the Pats hahahahahaha how many games have they won straight 20 - 21 I dont know most ppl are talkin about the Sox :loco:

SCUMBAG YANKEES? That's a bit harsh...we got our asses kicked, and I am the first guy to tip my hat to the better team this year, the BEST team this year - the Boston Red Sox. I will say, however, that Red Sox fans ought to put more heart into supporting their team than they do hating the Yankees. And as far as scumbags...put the Red Sox in a side-by-side with the Yankees, and you tell me who look like scumbags and who don't...Manny with a ratty knotted up bird's nest on his head, Pedro with enough activator in his hair to grease Jeff Gordon's race car, Amish beards, pants hanging below their shoes...how about taking some pride in your uniform guys?

But again...the better team won this year. Hands down, the Red Sox had the best team in baseball this year by FAR. I try to lose with dignity and always give credit where credit is due...most Red Sox fans have been unable to do that in the past. All I have EVER heard is that the Yankees suck, they bought every Championship they own (26 I might point out) and they are losers, we hate them and they should all die. That's all I ever hear. Regardless of the rivalry and the animosity between the 2 teams...I'm realistic about it. The Red Sox won and they deserve all the credit on the world for what they accomplished.

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME...maybe we won't have to listen to all the complaining anymore...

JB

PS - Sorry JonnyD...I had to get that out. Congratulations again...you guys have earned it.

I don't hate the Yankees team, I just hate Steinbrener. That guy is a complete ass. I agree that they buy their way into having great baseball teams but guess who's fault that is? Steinbrener. The only person on the yankees team I don't really like is Derek Jeter.

USMC0341 said:
SCUMBAG YANKEES? That's a bit harsh...we got our asses kicked, and I am the first guy to tip my hat to the better team this year, the BEST team this year - the Boston Red Sox. I will say, however, that Red Sox fans ought to put more heart into supporting their team than they do hating the Yankees. And as far as scumbags...put the Red Sox in a side-by-side with the Yankees, and you tell me who look like scumbags and who don't...Manny with a ratty knotted up bird's nest on his head, Pedro with enough activator in his hair to grease Jeff Gordon's race car, Amish beards, pants hanging below their shoes...how about taking some pride in your uniform guys?

But again...the better team won this year. Hands down, the Red Sox had the best team in baseball this year by FAR. I try to lose with dignity and always give credit where credit is due...most Red Sox fans have been unable to do that in the past. All I have EVER heard is that the Yankees suck, they bought every Championship they own (26 I might point out) and they are losers, we hate them and they should all die. That's all I ever hear. Regardless of the rivalry and the animosity between the 2 teams...I'm realistic about it. The Red Sox won and they deserve all the credit on the world for what they accomplished.
Yeah, Red Sox players are scruffy as they get, but they got the job done finally. The difference in appearance is that Steinbrenner won't hire or let a player play who has long hair/beard/goatee/etc., even after signing Giambi they told him he had to shave if he wanted to play for them.

This Red Sox team will be remembered for along time as one of the best ever in their drive to win it all. I really can't believe that the Cardinals thought their series against the Astro's was the world series. What the hell was wrong with Edmounds and Rolen's bat in the WS? They combined to hit 1 for 35 I believe. It's easy to say the Cardinals didn't have any great starting pitchers, but the real problem was they only scored 3 runs combined over the last 3 games...pitiful losers.

thespectralsorrows said:
Yeah, Red Sox players are scruffy as they get, but they got the job done finally. The difference in appearance is that Steinbrenner won't hire or let a player play who has long hair/beard/goatee/etc., even after signing Giambi they told him he had to shave if he wanted to play for them.

This Red Sox team will be remembered for along time as one of the best ever in their drive to win it all. I really can't believe that the Cardinals thought their series against the Astro's was the world series. What the hell was wrong with Edmounds and Rolen's bat in the WS? They combined to hit 1 for 35 I believe. It's easy to say the Cardinals didn't have any great starting pitchers, but the real problem was they only scored 3 runs combined over the last 3 games...pitiful losers.

I think the difference was that Boston's pitching staff DOMINATED the St. Louis batting order, in every possible way. You do what the Sox did to Edmunds and Pujols...that's saying something.

As far as the uniform and grooming regulations, I don't have a problem with it. These guys make MILLIONS of dollars a year, and I don't think having some standards in place and enforcing them is too much to ask...but then again, I'm a Marine and I understand why those types of policies are important, silly as they may seem on the surface.

Once again...this Red Sox team deserves a shitload of credit - and that's coming from a hardcore YANKEE FAN.

JB

Hah, I think the Red Sox hair stuff is part of their charm–they're one of the most interesting, entertaining teams to watch I've seen in a long time, and having their own individual look helps that.

On the Yankees - Alex Rodriguez is a fucking overpaid pretty-boy limp-wristed asshat who gets paid 25 million a year to hit like a girl. What a cunt. And they just seem like such a team of egos; among the "big names," Jeter is the only one who really goes all-out on every play. He's a gamer, and the rest play baseball like NBA players - it's all about them.

Anyway, major props to the Red Sox. I started following them a while ago when I realized how much fun this year's team is to watch, and they've fulfilled all the promise they had. Amazing stuff all the way around.

Pyrus said:
Hah, I think the Red Sox hair stuff is part of their charm–they're one of the most interesting, entertaining teams to watch I've seen in a long time, and having their own individual look helps that.

On the Yankees - Alex Rodriguez is a fucking overpaid pretty-boy limp-wristed asshat who gets paid 25 million a year to hit like a girl. What a cunt. And they just seem like such a team of egos; among the "big names," Jeter is the only one who really goes all-out on every play. He's a gamer, and the rest play baseball like NBA players - it's all about them.

Anyway, major props to the Red Sox. I started following them a while ago when I realized how much fun this year's team is to watch, and they've fulfilled all the promise they had. Amazing stuff all the way around.

You can say the same thing about some of the players on the Red Sox - Manny Ramirez is a perfect example. He doesn't run out pop flies and his attitude pretty much sucks. The Yankees aren't the only team in baseball with players who make a shitload of money, and that's where I think the criticism is uneven. There is DEFINITELY a problem with guys being paid too much...you won't hear any arguements from me there. All I ask is that it applies to all teams in baseball - the Yankees aren't the only ones guilty. They just happen to have won a lot in the last 10 years or so, so they are a lightning rod.

Again - hats off to the Sox...it was an unbelievable job they did.

JB

Yes, the Red Sox won. But make no mistake about it: they bought the title.

Anyone with even a modicum of knowledge of the game knows that. Only ONE player on their World Series winning roster was HOME GROWN (ie: not bought), and that's Trot Nixon.
The Sox beat the Angels in round 1. The Sox had the larger payroll.
The Sox beat the Yanks in the LCS. Of course, the Yanks had the payroll.
Then the Sox beat the Cards. Guess who had the higher payroll? Yep, the Sox.

But let's break it down further:
Manny Ramirez. Signed as a FREE AGENT. Yep, he's make the MOST MONEY IN THE GAME just after Arod.

Johhny Damon. Signed as a free agent.

Bill Mueller. Signed as a free agent.

Orlando Cabrera. Traded FROM the cash-strapped Montreal Expos because they could not sign him this off-season. The cash-rich Sox picked him up.
David Ortiz....yes, you guessed...signed as a free agent.

David Varitek.. Acquired via trader from the Seatlle Mariners a few years back for Heathcliff Slocum.....NOT a home-grown player.

Pedro. Traded from, again, the cash-strapped Expos. Then, the Sox awarded him with the LARGEST CONTRACT EVER GIVEN TO A PITCHER. Yep, a player bought.

Curt Schilling. Traded from the Diamondbacks and given a two year contract extension.

Derek Lowe.....also part of the Slocumb/Mariners trader. NOT a home grown talent.

Wakefield.....signed as a FREE AGENT prior to the 1995 season.

Arroyo.....signed via the Rule 5 draft after the Pirates gave up on him.

Keith Foulke....their closer. Yes, you guessed right: signed by the Red Sox last winter after the Oakland A's decided they couldnt AFFORD HIM!

The rest of the Sox bullpen: NONE are homegrown guys.

This Redsox team, along with the 2001 Diamondbacks and the 1997 Florida Marlins are the worst ever examples of teams BUYING CHAMPIONSHIPS! I hate the Yankees, but let's give them credit: their 4 championships at least consisted of their own guys and very few free-agents. Ironically, it's only NOW, when they are signing tons of expensive free-agents, that they lose!!!

JonnyD said:
sorry I know I'm the only Lamer Baseball fan here ...... SOX WIN TTHE PENNANT!!!!! SOX WIN SOX WIN!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Way to go! 8 straight wins, that's awesome. Any team that can humilliate the Yankees has all my respect :) ... But the Red Sox had a great team this year and totally deserved to win.

SoundMaster said:
NONE are homegrown guys.

I hate the Yankees, but let's give them credit: their 4 championships at least consisted of their own guys and very few free-agents. Ironically, it's only NOW, when they are signing tons of expensive free-agents, that they lose!!!

There is no such thing as homegrown anymore, buddy. That is probably the biggest laugh I've heard in a while. Thanks.

SoundMaster said:
Yes, the Red Sox won. But make no mistake about it: they bought the title.

Anyone with even a modicum of knowledge of the game knows that. Only ONE player on their World Series winning roster was HOME GROWN (ie: not bought), and that's Trot Nixon.
The Sox beat the Angels in round 1. The Sox had the larger payroll.
The Sox beat the Yanks in the LCS. Of course, the Yanks had the payroll.
Then the Sox beat the Cards. Guess who had the higher payroll? Yep, the Sox.

But let's break it down further:
Manny Ramirez. Signed as a FREE AGENT. Yep, he's make the MOST MONEY IN THE GAME just after Arod.

Johhny Damon. Signed as a free agent.

Bill Mueller. Signed as a free agent.

Orlando Cabrera. Traded FROM the cash-strapped Montreal Expos because they could not sign him this off-season. The cash-rich Sox picked him up.
David Ortiz....yes, you guessed...signed as a free agent.

David Varitek.. Acquired via trader from the Seatlle Mariners a few years back for Heathcliff Slocum.....NOT a home-grown player.

Pedro. Traded from, again, the cash-strapped Expos. Then, the Sox awarded him with the LARGEST CONTRACT EVER GIVEN TO A PITCHER. Yep, a player bought.

Curt Schilling. Traded from the Diamondbacks and given a two year contract extension.

Derek Lowe.....also part of the Slocumb/Mariners trader. NOT a home grown talent.

Wakefield.....signed as a FREE AGENT prior to the 1995 season.

Arroyo.....signed via the Rule 5 draft after the Pirates gave up on him.

Keith Foulke....their closer. Yes, you guessed right: signed by the Red Sox last winter after the Oakland A's decided they couldnt AFFORD HIM!

The rest of the Sox bullpen: NONE are homegrown guys.

This Redsox team, along with the 2001 Diamondbacks and the 1997 Florida Marlins are the worst ever examples of teams BUYING CHAMPIONSHIPS! I hate the Yankees, but let's give them credit: their 4 championships at least consisted of their own guys and very few free-agents. Ironically, it's only NOW, when they are signing tons of expensive free-agents, that they lose!!!

Well said...and it's true - when the Yankees went on their tear from 1996-2000, the majority of their players were home grown and from their farm system.

Like I said...as long as we're being even-handed and dealing with facts, I can take all the criticism that the Yankees deserve...

JB

Thraxz said:
There is no such thing as homegrown anymore, buddy. That is probably the biggest laugh I've heard in a while. Thanks.

Wrong.
EVERY FRIGGIN' PLAYER IN THE GAME WAS HOMEGROWN BY SOMEONE
(except for players coming over from overseas, that are signed as FAs
and not drafted)

Heck, the current Yankees(greatest choke in history) STILL HAVE MORE HOMEGROWN players than Boston:
Williams, Jeter, Rivera, Posada. Sure, only having 4 is a shame. But it could be worse (ie: Boston, with 1).

Boston was CLEARLY the league's best team this season (after the Nomar trade). But make no mistake about it, they BOUGHT this year's championship.

I fucking hate Jeter, but let's at least be intellectually honest here, and not let feelings of resentment and/or hatred ruin the conversation. Let's look at the facts & call a spade a spade.

Thraxz said:

Homegrown = brought up through a team's farm system.

Are you saying there is no such thing as a farm league? That's funny, because the Devil Ray's farm team's stadium is right around the corner from my house...

I like Homegrown :loco:

anyways ... Marine I called the Yanks Scumbags just cause I knew you were from Ny and were prolly a fan :) hahahaha tho I do Hate them with a Blind passion and I really despise the forced clean cut look ..... The Yanks have proved that you can fill a roster with Great Players but it doesnt mean that makes a great TEAM the Sox had a great team this year Regardless of money spent Regardless of how scruffy theyre faces were .. when they got in the Pinch they proved who had the most Heart .... the Yanks are the Metallica of Baseball lol clean cut overpaid and no heart lol anyways dont take offense bro :) I'm just a New Englander thats happy to see the boys win :)

JonnyD said:
I like Homegrown :loco:

anyways ... Marine I called the Yanks Scumbags just cause I knew you were from Ny and were prolly a fan :) hahahaha tho I do Hate them with a Blind passion and I really despise the forced clean cut look ..... The Yanks have proved that you can fill a roster with Great Players but it doesnt mean that makes a great TEAM the Sox had a great team this year Regardless of money spent Regardless of how scruffy theyre faces were .. when they got in the Pinch they proved who had the most Heart .... the Yanks are the Metallica of Baseball lol clean cut overpaid and no heart lol anyways dont take offense bro :) I'm just a New Englander thats happy to see the boys win :)

Hands down - the Sox showed the most heart...but there's nothing wrong with enforcing a little discipline on a team. But no, it's not mandatory. I just think the Sox could show their uniforms a little more respect - when you have SO much pine tar on your batting helmet that your TEAM'S LOGO isn't visible anymore, that's pushing it a little bit. Maybe I'm a stickler because I'm a Marine and we take a lot of pride in the way we wear our uniforms. I can say that it DOES instill a sense of discipline and a "team" mentality - everyone wears their shit the same way and abides by the same rules...no individuals - at least that's the idea.

At the end of the day, this thread is about the PHENOMENAL job the Red Sox did, and again - my hat goes off to them. They did something nobody else has ever done before.

I'll be the first in line to point out the shortcomings of the Yankees...but I'll also be the first in line to throw the bullshit flag when anyone isn't being even-handed with their criticisms. The Yankees aren't the only team that spends money on quality players - and as far as farm systems go - look at the roster of the Yankees from 1996-2000...a SHITLOAD of homegrown boys, and we still have a fair amount of them. Our farm system has been depleted as of late, which is a big reason why we are where we are right now.

Call it like you all see it - but make sure it applies to every team, including your own.

JB