Stargate Atlantis Season 4

Entrerie

Sep 14, 2006
Anyone else excited about the new Atlantis tonight? I'm really curious to see how they get out of the cliffhanger from season 3.

I was having a "nerdly" discussion with my wife last night and she was saying what if they discover a new alien race that will help them, or the alien race shits ze-pms or something, lol. More like Rodney :worship: will pull a ze-pm out of his ass.

I'm very much looking forward to it tonight. However, I do have two major gripes:

1. Beckett dying
2. Amanda Tapping replacing Torri Higginson as the leader of SGA. I think it's too much of a cash-in type thing for Carter's character you know? I think they're both fantastic and I think the 'civilianness' of the SGA was what set it apart from a military overview. Now it is going to become just like SG1 I fear. While I love SG1, I don't think SGA should turn into SG1.

I also don't want them to get any more help, I think the wraith should really start hammering down at Atlantis now, make it seem like the Wraith want to screw them up and stuff.

I'm very much looking forward to it tonight. However, I do have two major gripes:

1. Beckett dying
2. Amanda Tapping replacing Torri Higginson as the leader of SGA. I think it's too much of a cash-in type thing for Carter's character you know? I think they're both fantastic and I think the 'civilianness' of the SGA was what set it apart from a military overview. Now it is going to become just like SG1 I fear. While I love SG1, I don't think SGA should turn into SG1.

I also don't want them to get any more help, I think the wraith should really start hammering down at Atlantis now, make it seem like the Wraith want to screw them up and stuff.

I heard a rumor Beckett is coming back somehow because of fan outrage, ala Daniel in SG-1. In the episode where he died, I thought the script was making him extra annoying on purpose as I knew he was going to die before watching it and I was actually wanting them to do it already cause he was so annoying with his fishing and the whole cliche, oh nobody wanted to spend time with me but I'm gonna die and your all gonna be sorry you missed your chance.

Atlantis episodes kind of go anywhich way, one day they are fighting replicators, the next day it's a wraith queen, the next it's super wraith mutant giegeresque aliens.

Rodney is pure gold though, and Ronan is awesome, I was really hoping they would have Ronan go all kill bill with his katana on those wraith mutants when there were hundreds surrounding them. I really liked that episode where he had to play that survival game where he was hunted.

Weir wasn't bad but made a good point, why even bother being in a leadership position if anytime there is a serious decision she gets overstepped by the military. Now the shit is hitting the fan so to speak so I can see why Amanda tapping will be on Atlantis to take over, now that the um Ori are dead supposedly.

In the end we loved watching both shows, and they all had a great cast of characters. We actually got to see Claudia Black at Dragon-Con this year and she was pregnant for real and due to deliver soon and I was so tempted to ask her if her baby was going to be an Ori but I thought it would be in bad taste, still funny though :p. She was really nice though, and seemed very interested in her fans. There is something about her voice and hearing her speak which just relaxes you, we could sit there all day and listen to stories from the set of Farscape, etc.

Speaking of Farscape it's another great show, that SCI-FI killed. I can't believe they cancel SG-1 in favor of utter shite like Flash Gordon and Pain Killer Jane which are already canceled before they even begun.