State of euphoria

ShredManWalking

Hit man for the Order
Dec 5, 2002
Kent State University
listen.to
What songs, or parts of songs put you into a state of euphoria when you listen to them? Or ones that cause you to get the chills? I notice that when I listen to certain songs, I just float away on the melodies.

Here's an example of some songs that really affect me in that way.

Symphony X - Communion and the Oracle
Dream Theater - Metropolis part I
Genesis - Can Utility and the Coastliners

I'll have more to add when I can remember, I am sitting here quite tired as I write this thread. :zzz:

pretty much the entire Into Eternity - "Buried In Oblivion" album... I just got it yesterday... and already I've probably listened to it 15 times... it's so amazing

Aeternus - When The Crows Shadow Falls, Warrior Of The Crescent Moon, Ild Dans
Nevermore - Passenger, The Heart Collector, Who Decides
Symphony X - The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
Arcane Sun - Longing For Eden's Rain
Darkane - Inauspicious Coming
Steve Vai - For The Love Of God

Ancient Rites - The Return

Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled Throne Of Ultima Thule, Blood Slakes The Sand At The Circus Maximus, A Tale From The Deep Woods, Spellcraft And Moonfire (Beyond The Citadel Of Frosts), The Awakening Of The Stars, Callisto Rising, Of Carnage And The Gathering Of Wolves ... Ahh, just about anything by Bal-Sagoth! :)

Burzum - Tomhet, A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit

Dargaard - Fuer Grissa Est Dranka, Seelenlos, A Prophecy Of Immortality, The March Of Shadows ... too many to put down!

Dragonland - Ride For Glory

Edguy - Theater Of Salvation, Golden Dawn, Tomorrow, Hymn

Elvenking - Seasonspeech, Pagan Purity, Skywards ... The whole Heathenreel album!

Kamelot - The Shadow Of Uther, Siege, The Gleeman

Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina, Jumalten Kaupunki, Tuulen Tytar, Pakanajuhla ... Too many to mention here!

Mortiis - Keiser Av En Dimension Ukjent, Fodt Til A Herske (Pt. I), I Morket Drommende, (Passing By) An Old Raped Village

Rhapsody - Symphony Of Enchanted Lands, The Mighty Ride Of The Firelord, Elnor's Magic Valley ... My second favorite band; too many songs to list!

Sonata Arctica - Destruction Preventer

Summoning - Kortirion Among The Trees, Our Foes Shall Fall, Like Some Snow-White Marble Eyes, Moondance ... Summoning is my favorite band meaning I love all of thier songs! Impossible to pick!

Symphony X - The Accolade, Communion And The Oracle

Thyrfing - A Great Man's Return, Kaos AterKomst, Going Berserk, En Doende Mans Forbannelse ... Way too many to mention!

- - - - -

I really tried to make an absolute, complete list of this since I haven't tried it before! I'm pretty sure I've missed a few bands and songs but this list should give everyone a pretty good idea ... Sorry it's so long! :D

Bal-Sagoth rules! Nobody ever seems to talk about that band either. I love their music, it's like the kinda stuff you'd hear in a Warcraft game. I like the singer a lot too: good screams, I like his talking voice, and pretty good singing voice.

Anyway, back to the subject:
Symphony X - Ahh, so many.. The Odyssey, Divine Wings of Tragedy, Sins and Shadows solo, just to name a few
Final Fantasy 7 - Anxious Hearts, Cid's Theme
Pain of Salvation - Oblivion Ocean
Adagio - Chosen, Next Profundis
Vintersorg - Algol, Cosmic Genesis
Dream Theater - Take the Time
Opeth - also a lot.. most of the Morningrise album, Credence, most of Still Life, ahhh

too many

Serge... said:
Bal-Sagoth rules! Nobody ever seems to talk about that band either. I love their music, it's like the kinda stuff you'd hear in a Warcraft game. I like the singer a lot too: good screams, I like his talking voice, and pretty good singing voice.

Man, I hail you! :worship: Anyone who listens to Bal-Sagoth is killer! :D I definitely like Byron's amazing vocals ... Bal-Sagoth is one of the most creative bands ever! Their music is so beautiful and unique ... I absolutly adore it! :)

You know that little blurp in Communion? 0:35-0:58.

Genius.

Same thing with the sax parts in DT's Another Day.

The first short guitar solo in 'Star Child' on the Star One album.

Steve Vai-The Riddle

Deep Peace-Devin Townsend

Devil Takes the Hindmost-Allan Holdsworth

Altitudes-Jason Becker

Accolade II-SX

Cause we've ended as lovers- Jeff Beck

You Keep on moving-Deep Purple

Shadowland-Beyond Twilight (Jorn Lande's voice in general)

The solo in 'The Z'- Steve Morse Band

The sax solo in 'Duel with the Devil' - Transatlantic

The solo in 'Sometimes i feel like screaming'-Deep Purple (Morse again)

Genesis-Firth of Firth
Mostly during the piano section nearly halfway in the song.

Luca Turilli-Rider of the Astral Fire
When the chorus comes in with the violin in the background. Over the top? Hell yea, but still rocks my face.

Cynic-Celestial Voyage
Second solo

Cynic-I am but a Wave to...
The opening with the weird noises put over the water

Dead Soul Tribe-Feed pt. 1 Stone by Stone
Around 2:13 when Devon starts screaming, its amazing.

Glass Hammer-One King
The jam in the last 2 minutes of the song, really classic prog.

Symphony X-Communion and the Oracle
last solo, my absolute favorite solo of all time. So damn emotional sounding.

Pain of Salvation-The Perfect Element
The first 2 minutes, especially around 1:50 with the little guitar thing going while you hear the really muted sounding vocals in the background. Makes you feel like something BIG is coming.

Adagio-From my Sleep to Someone Elses
The whole beginning with the ominous piano that breaks into a death metal blast beat and scream

I could go on and on, but these are ones that really stick out for me

Oakenson said:
Man, I hail you! :worship: Anyone who listens to Bal-Sagoth is killer! :D I definitely like Byron's amazing vocals ... Bal-Sagoth is one of the most creative bands ever! Their music is so beautiful and unique ... I absolutly adore it! :)
Huge Bal-Sagoth fan right here. :D

Well I would have to say, that evertime I see SymX do "Communion" and "The Odyssey"(champion of Ithaca) live I am always trying to hold back the tears.:cry: I just can't help it..

They are just soo touching to me...*sniff sniff*

omg there are so many parts of so many symx songs that just overwhelm me. I'm not even gonna start cuz i dont have the time right now. It would be a long list tho I guarantee :cool:

Hmm, the climax in Dream Theaters Surrounded (the "I once could see, but now at last I'm blind" part) always gives me a shiver, along with the "Lost evermore, the essence of truth" part in Rediscovery Pt. II, and various other things.

Kosh

I gotta agree on "The Spirit Carries On". The solo is superb, but the part with the woman singing "move on be brave, don't weep at my grave, because I am no longer here...". That does it for me.

The instrumental part of "Metropolis Pt I" cannot be topped by anything.

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Impellitteri is a scorcher.

Yeah, spam me for this one, but "Rain Must Fall" off Yanni's Live At The Acropolis just kicks it!

The part on SymX's live CD disc 2 where Russell Allen says, "Romeo" right before the solo...

"Still Got the Blues For You" from Gary Moore. "Hallowed Be Thy Name" from Maiden. Who cares if you don't like Maiden. I do.

"New Discovery" by Artension. It's just catchy.