Status Update

I would love to hear more about the lyrics... what kind of feel the album will have, and what kind of story you're telling.

I really love that about your albums, the lyrics are really good and they are sung with passion.

@panzerwagen

Turn of the lights. Look at something really depressing on tv, or listen to a depressing song.. perhaps read something that really upsets you... makes you mad and sad at the same time. The human condition is always about hope and despair. Life and death. There's always a lot of "bad" stuff to write about, it doesn't go away you know. The ego fears death but somehow we're all already dead you know. We're walking dead sometimes. Just a heap of human rituals and habits and sometimes we don't give a damn about the world. Or so it seems...

Just rambling.

I would love to hear more about the lyrics... what kind of feel the album will have, and what kind of story you're telling.

I really love that about your albums, the lyrics are really good and they are sung with passion.

@panzerwagen

Turn of the lights. Look at something really depressing on tv, or listen to a depressing song.. perhaps read something that really upsets you... makes you mad and sad at the same time. The human condition is always about hope and despair. Life and death. There's always a lot of "bad" stuff to write about, it doesn't go away you know. The ego fears death but somehow we're all already dead you know. We're walking dead sometimes. Just a heap of human rituals and habits and sometimes we don't give a damn about the world. Or so it seems...

Just rambling.

"Look at something depressing on tv"
I don't own a TV, but every time I happen to watch I get so pissed off and so disappointed. I feel ashamed for the sake of mankind. Shallow nonsense is what most of it is about

"perhaps read something that really upsets you..."
If I keep my eyes and ears open while amongst people, I can't tell you how lonely I feel at times, how upset. One has only to open those eyes and look at how shameful some (most) people behave... no honour, no guts. Cowards... cattle if you will... I will not go into anything further right now... at least I don't have time or energy to share to much of how I feel and reason.

But about this ballad – the lyrics will revolve around our world and it's people; about how one can feel so strong, but at the same time so weak, without the means to really change anything. One believes that "together we're strong", but in reality it's only an illusion – humans are easily led in a leash, easily controlled in a very superficial manner (which at the same time runs so deep). In conclusion, all that one can "look back" upon, is a fictional world created by the mind, a world where life and feelings are highly valued – Utopia – it can exist only in the mind. If we believe we can create such a world, it's only in our mind. Humans (as a group) is reluctant to live honourable lives in peace and harmony – WHY??? because we're greedy and lazy and stupid at the same time.

Have a good night! :headbang:

@panzerwagen

Wow, you're just a tad bit negative aren't you! LOL!

Of course people are egocentric, it's at our core. We always have ourselves in mind first and foremost. Even when we act altruistic it's egocentric at it's core. But that doesn't mean we're doomed to be stupid, lazy etc. We evolve and learn (okay maybe not all of us and maybe not too fast).

Besides, how can you be that negative about a world that comes in two's? You need positive things to be negative. You need lazy to be active, uncaring to be kind, hatefullness to show love. You seems to be really upset with the human condition instead of just embrassing the paradox, which is a big pill to swallow indeed.

But of course I agree with you about TV, it's shallow. But then again, what isn't? What's of ultimate concern? What's of ultimate concern to us, according to developmental studies, is a moving target. We get older and change our thoughts our beliefs. So it's a journey. We expand our thinking and take more perspectives into account.

I guess all I'm saying is that life could be described as a game. This is the rules. This is how it's played. If you don't like it. Don't play the game OR try and change the way it's played, but you still have to play within the rules. If you care, fine. If you don't, fine. But isn't the paradox, the mystery of life, the universe, truly staggering? Why is this drama playing? I find it fascinating. And I try not getting to attached, to stuck, with the process. That only leads to more misery, and feelings of being sick of the world. What good does that do when you're an old fart and you look back at your life?

Sorry about my "big" discussion here. I wish you the best of luck with the writing and I so look forward to hearing the end result someday soon.

LoL, that was actually pretty cool!

So when is the release date by the way? And when will we see some teaser videos/clips? :p

Unfortunately we haven't had much time at all to get together with the band. Things are moving a bit too slow for my taste but that's how it is. I think all of us have a pretty tight schedule these days but we are DETERMINED to finish the songs asap and then record them.

There's one song left that we need to either work out more or drop, we haven't decided yet. All the lyrics are written except for, I think, two songs (plus the one that we need to work more on).

I would think the album could be out early next year but in that case we need to finish things off pretty soon. We'll do our best, that's a promise.

Yesterday me and Marcus recorded vocals for another track. Marcus will now record some harmonies and mix everything together. As soon as that's done (which I hope will be sometimes this week or early next week) we'll record vocals for one or two more tracks.

Hopefully Mikael, Per and Thomas will get together in a few weeks time and finish writing the last song for the album so I can get on with the lyrics for that one.

We'll do our best to pick up the pace now, between work, families and studies. :)

We'll keep you updated.

We are all nagging and bitching about you guys releasing the new album asap. But I just wanna say that I admire you guys. When music isn't your only commitment it's hard to find the time (even if it's your passion in life). And sometimes life just happens you know. Someone gets sick, someone dies. Or someone has a baby. Not to talk about just keeping up with ordinary life.

So.. keep it up. As long as you can keep a clear vision of when the album is released then it will happen. But make family, friends and your studies the nr 1 commitment. Music is great, but without family and friends, it's worthless.

Glad to say Wolverine has finally started off recording Communication Lost. So, since Marcus is pretty much done with the drum tracks, it will be my turn soon enough to add some bass to the entire thing. We don't have a set date for bass recorings yet, and I have a lot to deal with at work (finally finished with studies – currently working as a high school English teacher at Fryshuset Gymnasium in Stockholm), so it's difficult to say WHEN this will be done. I shall also need to find a suitable place to record the stuff. Will get back to you when we have more to say about anything.

We're on the move!

Wolverine has a new homepage coming up. On Friday this week, sometime during the evening, the new homepage will be up and running. Initially, the homepage will not be perfectly complete, but we will put effort into adding stuff and making proper touch-ups as soon as we can––we are just eager to give you something new to look at after having waited far too long. We hope that an incomplete homepage will suffice for the time being.

Cheers,
Thomas

Apparently we haven't succeeded in getting the new homepage running. We are sorry about this and we're looking to get it done ASAP.

Thomas

It appears that the new homepage didn't show up on my own computer screen due to cache memory or something of the kind. For those of you who have also experienced this problem, remember to refresh the page that you're visiting in order to get the new stuff!

Sorry about this kerfuffle

Thomas