Steve Asheim contributing to Hardcore Project

May 28, 2004
Tokyo
Veteran death metal drummer Steve Asheim (DEICIDE, ORDER OF ENNEAD) recently entered Deg Entertainment Studios in St Petersburg, Florida to lay down drums on a song for an upcoming New York hardcore-style project featuring guitarists Rob Barrett (CANNIBAL CORPSE) and Doug Weber (ex-TERROR) and drummer J.C. Dwyer (RAPED APE). More details on the project will be released soon.

With a carrer spanning over 25 years, Asheim has played drums on a combined 16 international releases, completed over 80 international tours and is showing no signs of slowing down with a new DEICIDE release slated for 2013.

"[While] DEICIDE is my main focus, it leaves me with a lot of time off between tours," said Steve. "I am not complaining, but I would like to expand into other areas with my career in this time off. In the past I have experimented with my side project ORDER OF ENNEAD, done some drum clinics and some session work here and there. This was all really cool and a great experience. I would like to keep my hands and my mind busy and continue to focus in these areas when I have down time. Currently, I am working on new material for DEICIDE, ORDER OF ENNEAD and some DEI-gigs coming too. You know the drill."