STEVEN TYLER On JOE PERRY's Book: 'I'm Glad There's No References To My Penis, Becaus

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler has admitted reading parts of bandmate Joe Perry's new autobiography, calling it a "well written" and "beautiful book"Although Tyler recently told TMZ that he had no interest in checking out "Rocks: My Life In And Out Of Aerosmith", explaining that had "to go onstage with [Perry] next year," he now says that did in fact "read some of it" and was particularly grateful that one part of his private life was left out of the book.Asked by South Africa's News24 to set the record straight on whether he has read the guitarist's memoir, Tyler said (hear audio below): "Well, somebody asked me that and I said, 'Why would I wanna read it? I've lived it.' But, of course, I cracked the book open. I read some of it. And it's very interesting. He brings up his childhood and his mom and dad and family, and I know every one of them. You know, we grew up four miles from each other up in New England, so… It's well written. It's well written; it's a beautiful book. Plus he narrated it. So I'm happy for him that he got this off his chest and he got it out."Tyler added: "I'm glad there's no references to my penis, because he would have lost."THE ROLLING STONES singer Mick Jagger was reportedly furious when longtime STONES bandmate Keith Richards wrote in his 2010 book "Life" that "Marianne Faithfull had no fun with [Mick's] tiny todger. I know he's got an enormous pair of balls — but it doesn't quite fill the gap."Tyler's "Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?" autobiography was issued in 2011, while the band's drummer, Joey Kramer, had his own tale, "Hit Hard: A Story Of Hitting Rock Bottom At The Top", published in 2009. AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton is also working on a book.

More...