Summer's End Festival - Post Your Pictures, Videos & Reviews Here

Summerends138-1.jpg

Are the guys wearing make up or what?! They all look so young! Or is it your camera that has a 'botox filter'?!

Hi all,

It was wonderful to see Threshold at Summer's End, very well worth the trip! Unfortunately my pictures did not come out the way I thought they would, I am very disappointed. Whether this was due to the fact that the lighting sucked or (more obviously) I haven't quite figured out how my new camera works yet, I don't know! Anyway, if any of you would like to have a laugh, here's the link to my most decent pictures. I have deleted the ones in which certain members looked like Voldemort :zombie:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11408313@N07/sets/72157607572876757

Roll on ProgPower!!

Astrid xx

I can understand your disappointment...sure there are no picture competition winners here but at least it gives us who have not been able to attend an idea of what the venue was like. Thanks for sharing.

Seeing that a lot of your pictures are blurry, I guess that either you were moving or being pushed around when pressing the button on the camera or that the shutter speed on your camera is not fast enough capture hyper active subjects (as opposed to taking a picture of a flower!).

So I suggest you adjust the shutter speed and try not to move your hands when you press that button.

Wish you better luck at ProgPower!

Are the guys wearing make up or what?! They all look so young! Or is it your camera that has a 'botox filter'?!
My 12 year old daughter took them. She wants to be a photographer. I would say half the trick is to make your subjects look great so she probably has a great future. Having a great time, as they were, playing awesome music to an appreciative audience, is going to knock a few years off.Can't wait for Poole.

Maybe, just maybe it's because they ARE young.... ! ;)

Astrid, I really enjoyed your pics, although I can tell why you're disappointed - there would have been some sure winners for a competition otherwise. They are still a pleasure to look at, and some are truly lovely, too. I really enjoyed the slide show, so thanks for sharing! :)

Great photos Cynthias; love the ones of the band all together having a great time playing:)

Thanks FG and Massos!

Yes, I have to admit I have, all thanks to my other half (Cosmic) introducing me to them - the 'ole Threshold light bulb is well and truly lit for me - I can't get enough of them now! I'm so new to them we're still waiting for a couple of back catalogues to come through the post!!

What a thoroughly great bunch of guys though, I love it when a band gels together on stage and you really see them bouncing off each other, I couldn't believe how long they stayed afterwards to chat as well, I think I must have been last to get my photo with Karl as the hall was nearly empty by then!

I've got lots of photos, I tried to pick the best for here, I'll sort out a photobucket so you can see the rest and post on here as mine are on facebook and myspace only, in the meantime here's a couple more ;-) :
l_301c5f2dc79d43ca896f25780e99b697.jpg

Shame about the fog, but I do love Karl's expression!:
l_aed2a0aa7d3f4e95b0627deb65b92f6b.jpg

Cool. It happened to me last year. I now own every single CD including two fan cd's which I picked up at SEF. We should run a competition, though there won't be any winners: "Spot a duff Threshold Track". There simply aren't any.

Seen them live twice now and will do so again in Poole. Maybe you can give my 12 year old daughter some tips on how to take such great photos; she is really into photography.

You're right, there isn't a duff track, they're one of those bands aren't they :)

Blimey, thanks for the compliment, I've actually only got a little digital compact and it's a bit hit and miss, but when it is playing ball I do get the odd good shot, I'm learning to use the manual settings at present so hopefully I can move onto an SLR but I'm a bit green:ill:. I just about got the lighting sorted by the time Frost* came on by looking over someone's shoulder to see what f setting they had!! I don't really know what tips I could give your daughter but I'm more than happy to have a chat - I do a lot of cropping now before I upload, that's a good tip, I was taking photos at that age too!

I love photography but I try not to let it take over my enjoyment of the gig, it's very addictive - the pursuit of that one great shot - and you can end up spending most of the gig taking shots, I know it can get annoying when someone keeps holding up a camera display in front of you all night so I tried to keep my camera down in front of me and be respectful, however, I can't comment on my serial punching of the air and singing my heart out - I hope I didn't make anyone too mad!

See you down Poole then!

Regards,
Anna

I now own every single CD including two fan cd's

There are four DTF CDs. So which ones are you missing?

We should run a competition, though there won't be any winners: "Spot a duff Threshold Track". There simply aren't any.

You've got that right!:headbang: That's why I love them so much. For the sake of repeating myself you can buy all their albums with your eyes closed!

There are four DTF CDs. So which ones are you missing?

You've got that right!:headbang: That's why I love them so much. For the sake of repeating myself you can buy all their albums with your eyes closed!

Listening to Wireless right now; love Falling Away in particular done acoustically. I also picked up Replica. The others do not appear to be available. I'll see if I can pick them up in Poole.

Just got back from Photographing DragonForce and edited some Threshold pictures on the way there and back. Will just put the up in a second :)

Thresh-5-c.jpg

Thresh-4-c.jpg

Thresh-3-c.jpg

Thresh-2-2-c.jpg

let me know if they are too big and i'll change them to just links, it's just easier to see them this way

Great pictures, hope you had a good time at Dragonforce and got some good shots there too

Thank you both. I had a lot of duff pictures because of the lighting but got some good shots also. Will post more as I can

Yeah, I had a great time photographing DF thanks. I have got some images which I am so proud of. Being in the photographers pit felt like I was where I should be. So hopefully I'll get some more chances again soon.

Hi all,

It was wonderful to see Threshold at Summer's End, very well worth the trip! Unfortunately my pictures did not come out the way I thought they would, I am very disappointed. Whether this was due to the fact that the lighting sucked or (more obviously) I haven't quite figured out how my new camera works yet, I don't know! Anyway, if any of you would like to have a laugh, here's the link to my most decent pictures. I have deleted the ones in which certain members looked like Voldemort :zombie:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11408313@N07/sets/72157607572876757

Roll on ProgPower!!

Astrid xx

Hi Astrid. What settings were you using for these pictures and what camera do you have? The wideness of the shots suggests you were probably shooting at your camera/lenses lowest aperture, which is what you need in low light but also, set your camera to a high ISO. Usually 800 - 1600. I was shooting at 1600 and waiting for decent light on the band and still having a bit of trouble with motion blur, unfortunately the venues lights were difficult! Flash is fine but you need to make sure it's not too over powering on the subjects or you loose the atmostphere. I was having trouble photographing Pete and Karl due to the lighting being so poor at where they were standing, combined with the deadly magenta and red lights on them. In those cases when the light is poor, try converting to black and white and you create an entirely new image. Black and white also makes it easier to push the brightness and contrast of an image so you can save some of the ones that seem a bit dark. Hope that helps a little. Great pictures though. Keep it up!