Super 8

I camped out in the Super 8 for a few hours and didn't have any complaints. Then again, it was in See You In Hell's room who apparently is the only one who had a good stay there. :lol: The elevator was pretty scary though. Sounds like it's worth the extra $$ to stick to the Residence Inn with the over-the-top breakfast, perfect elevators, over-the-top service, proximity to the venue, and gigantic bug-free rooms. :headbang:

The elevator was scary, got slammed in the doors a couple of times. I was just glad the thing was working because last year it was broken and I had a room on the 3rd floor.

Stayed there Thursday night to save a little $$. There was water on the bathroom floor and don't know where it came from. Could have complained, but I just checked out as soon as I could Friday and went to the RI. Should have there stayed all three nights, which I'll do next year if I'm able to get a room.

SkiBumMSP and I had the problem with two groups of people assigned to the SAME room!

We knew something was up when we checked in and went to our room, we found a folder on the table. We looked inside and found ProgPower tickets that weren't ours!

It took forever, but we finally got things straightened out. So if you're the group from LA who was originally in room 302, I hope things worked out after you got a new room down the hall.

Oh yeah, you guys talked to my guys on the balcony about that. I remeber coming in on that conversation and going "Woah, I hope those people come back for their tickets!"

mloanna: Glad you guys got your tickets back! And yes, the elevator was VERY scary. I took it up when I arrived with my suitcase, and it was ridiculously slow, poorly lit, and kind of smelled. I was scared it would stall and I'd be trapped in the elevator and miss Jon Oliva!

3rd year in a row for me....no problems. Never been to the breakfasts cuz we always sleep well past the timeframe. Clean rooms, warm showers, fridge if you're lucky. Agree that the elevator is scary...gotta be quick or the door will get you. I guess I've been lucky...just booked again for 2008.

I've stayed at a super 8 every year since pp2! super 8 downtown the first time around (which is muuuch nicer than the one close to the venue) and then at the midtown super 8 ever since...
I have absolutely no complains.. It's a horrible looking place for sure, but it does its job... Clean rooms, etc.. and it's really cheap! If you are traveling on a budget, nothing better...
I usually split the room with a few buddies.. It ends up being like 50 bucks per person for the entire weekend...