super bowl predictions

Kenso

Juke Box Hero
Sep 18, 2006
zzz
whos takin it this year? i know the season hasnt started yet, but lets see y'er picks

im pullin for the pats and the jets, im glad the colts won it last year, but peyton gets too much attention over the rest of his team.

I am going out on a limb here, but what is going to happen is, they are going to put a college team up agains all these high priced bonus babies and guess what?????

LSU 35 New England Patriots 10

Tough call in the mighty AFC, but the Pats are just an unbelievably class act franchise with one of the greatest clutch quarterbacks in NFL history coming off an unbelievably stinging loss to the arch rival Colts (who simply don't have the defensive firepower to repeat). Chargers are great as well, but I just can't bet against the Patriots.

In the NFC? Wide open city - can the Saints put it all together? I still think they're a year or two removed from being serious Superbowl contenders, but they may be the default NFC team based on all the best teams being in the AFC. The Bears cannot get back to the Superbowl with Grossman at the helm. The Cowboys are getting better every season but Romo is still too green. The Panthers could be sleepers with a healthy Steve Smith, but too many holes overall. I love the Eagles' coaching staff and class act franchise - but can McNabb stay healthy for a full season? That's the key for them. I see the Eagles or Saints coming out of the NFC in a pick 'em championship game.

Jason

Well Patriot's got the biggest acquisition in the off season, with Randy Moss. He is definitely what the Pat's needed. Its going to open up the offense even more. Scary eh? I'm going New England versus Seattle for AFC championship...

NFC no clue. Love to see my Bears repeat with another NFC championship but its not going to be easy. However, they kept Briggs, and upgraded the defense overall in the offseason. This alone should allow them to cruise to the NFC central title. I can see Tampa Bay really fighting well this season, and Dallas could be tough to beat. I'm predicting Dallas versus Chicago NFC championship.

Among those 4 teams, hey what can I say.. the Pats have the lead on it for sure in offensive + defensive. So I have to sadly go with them. But I wouldn't be surprised to see any of those 4 winning it all, nonetheless the Chargers or Indy again.

I'm not sure how Grossman will perform. We'll see a glimpse of it today. There's no reason that this guy can't be a standout. He has the talent. Just maybe lacks the confidence and consistency.

Niners all the way baby. I know we are looking in the right direction. Shored up our Defense big time and got so,e great wide outs...I think we are maybe a dark horse for the playoffs, not yet a Super Bowl contender but you can never rule anything out in the NFL these years. I think its going to be a great season...

Bear

Niners all the way baby. I know we are looking in the right direction. Shored up our Defense big time and got so,e great wide outs...I think we are maybe a dark horse for the playoffs, not yet a Super Bowl contender but you can never rule anything out in the NFL these years. I think its going to be a great season...

Bear
yea when grossman is able to make it to a super bowl you cant count out anyone at this point (besides arizona)

Tough call in the mighty AFC, but the Pats are just an unbelievably class act franchise with one of the greatest clutch quarterbacks in NFL history coming off an unbelievably stinging loss to the arch rival Colts (who simply don't have the defensive firepower to repeat). Chargers are great as well, but I just can't bet against the Patriots.

Pretty much agree with everything here. I'm thinking a Pats/Chargers AFC Championship Game with the Pats winning.

In the NFC? Wide open city - can the Saints put it all together? I still think they're a year or two removed from being serious Superbowl contenders, but they may be the default NFC team based on all the best teams being in the AFC. The Bears cannot get back to the Superbowl with Grossman at the helm. The Cowboys are getting better every season but Romo is still too green. The Panthers could be sleepers with a healthy Steve Smith, but too many holes overall. I love the Eagles' coaching staff and class act franchise - but can McNabb stay healthy for a full season? That's the key for them. I see the Eagles or Saints coming out of the NFC in a pick 'em championship game.

Jason

NFC...who fuckin' knows? I, again, am thinking along the same lines. If Shaun Alexander can return to form this year, thrown in the Seahawks as well. Pretty much a coin toss in the NFC.

The only thing I am sure of is the Buccaneers WON'T be in the Superbowl...maybe not even the playoffs. Which really wouldn't be a bad thing in the long run, because then they can get rid of the Gruden/Allen two-headed monster - that has all but ruined this franchise.

So, to sum up...AFC wins the Superbowl, with the Pats as my No.1 choice.

Not to short change Grossman, because I really do believe he could be a good QB. But Griese to me seems like the type of guy who just gives something a little more. I know he hasn't won tons (other than a little in Denver), but I like him.

Chargers!!!! i hope the new coaching staff gets it done, a lot of good talent here
Cool thing is Norv Turner doesn't have Al Davis the puppet master here:heh: