Superior - RIP

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
not surprising, but still unfortunate none-the-less. 1 of the more underated progressive Metal bands are no more. "New World Order" obviously never came out, maybe down the road they'll find a way to release it.

Anyone have anymore insights as to why NWO never came out other than I imagine money? I was really looking forward to it.

http://www.myspace.com/superiortheband

http://www.meet-superior.de/

We are sorry to tell you that the band Superior has split up at the end of 2007. Therefore we have decided to shut down the website.

We would like to thank all our fans world wide for their big support during all those years. Without you, our band would have been just nothing. We are very sorry that we can't keep going but sometimes you can't change what's on your path.

We wish all our fans all the best. Keep rocking!
Superior

Truly truly sad..... :cry:

I still remember how excited I was to see them at PP2 and they didn't let me down one bit.

someone relayed a story about BEHIND and Chocolate over on mp.com Paul..if ya'll want to learn more about it, you could check mp.com or maybe Paul could tell us his own details (the user mentioned you Paul).

Yeah, I think the person who did the US mail-order for Behind also got sent some chocolate in the same package as a thank-you....and of course it melted and got all over the CD jewel-boxes. :)

I did the US mail-order for Younique.

I haven't been on mp.com in several years, due in part to the cliquish attitude that formed there, and partly because MP himself became decidedly less fan-friendly after the 'April Fool's Massacre.' (Longtime habitues of MikePortnoy.com know of what I speak.)

Bernd Basmer couldn't pull the guys together to finish the recording. The guys lost interest in the band as well as living so far apart from each other. A couple of the guys left to do some other type of music, and Bernd didn't want to finish the disc using anyone else as he said it just wouldn't be Superior doing it that way.

What a shame.

I would like to have seen them live, but the one album I have, Younique, didn't exactly blow me away. Would have been cool to hear something new though.

Sucks to hear this...one of the 1st bands I discovered when looking for more prog metal bands in the mid to late 90's. I've been looking forward to new material from them for awhile...their last live cd was very good.

Sucks to hear this...one of the 1st bands I discovered when looking for more prog metal bands in the mid to late 90's. I've been looking forward to new material from them for awhile...their last live cd was very good.

Same here ... them along with some bands like Conception, Centaur, Sanvoisen, and pre Khan Kamelot got me into the prog power scene.

I am happy I got to see these guys live at Prog Power. I'll miss them ... I loved their last studio release, Ultima Ratio, and was looking forward to hearing new stuff from them.

Britt

I would like to have seen them live, but the one album I have, Younique, didn't exactly blow me away. Would have been cool to hear something new though.

At some point, try to acquire their behind CD. It was their first large-scale release -- heck, many of us on the Ytsejam got our copies directly from the band, back when it was an amazingly good self-released demo -- and many fans, perhaps most, would say it's still the apex of their career. It was one of the CDs, along with Images and Words and The Divine Wings of Tragedy, that I held later CDs up to....and found most of them wanting.

Same here ... them along with some bands like Conception, Centaur, Sanvoisen, and pre Khan Kamelot got me into the prog power scene.

I am happy I got to see these guys live at Prog Power. I'll miss them ... I loved their last studio release, Ultima Ratio, and was looking forward to hearing new stuff from them.

+1

I was lucky enough to see them at the first ProgPower Europe...in fact, they were one of the primary reasons I went that year...and both shows were great.

I'll miss them. :mad: