Symphony X- Paradise Lost

swayn3rd

h4x
Jul 19, 2006
ALBUM OF THE FUCKING YEAR HANDS DOWN. I'M BUYING 10 THE DAY IT COMES OUT. This is how you make an album.

I'll do you 1 better, and buy 20 the day it comes out. Good Lord this is an amazing album WELL worth every second of the 5 years we waited for this. :(

haven't heard it yet. I'm still trying to find out when and where to get tix for their show on 08/07/07 in ATL...

I'll need more time to really decide how this measures up to other Symphony X releases, but it certainly isn't bad at all. The title track is a little...weird for them, though.

This new one rules ... a buddy aptly described it as The Odyssey meets The Divine Wings Of Tragedy. It might actually be their heaviest disc to date, but also contains some of those magical ballady moments as well. It's well worth the long wait between discs, as it won't dissapoint many. I think this disc will soon be dominating the majority of this board.

Britt

That's what I thought listening to it too oddly enough. Is it just me or do I actually hear some music from DWOT on the new album from time to time?
I heard a familiar part or two in the final track ... Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Trageodia). Isn't that latin for something similar to the divine wings of tragedy? There could be a possible tie-in there.

Britt

I heard a familiar part or two in the final track ... Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Trageodia). Isn't that latin for something similar to the divine wings of tragedy? There could be a possible tie-in there.

Britt

I actually do think it is "Divine Wings of Tragedy" in latin, but I'm not exactly an expert. It's also interesting that the theme of both Paradise Lost (duh) and DWOT (the song) is Paradise Lost.

I actually do think it is "Divine Wings of Tragedy" in latin, but I'm not exactly an expert. It's also interesting that the theme of both Paradise Lost (duh) and DWOT (the song) is Paradise Lost.
Yeah .. I think there is definately some thematic similarities between the two, so I wouldn't be suprised to see Symphony X also have some intrumental tie-ins along the way. I only picked out one totally similar part, but I haven't been able to digest this with the headphones on yet.

Britt

listening to it now, downloaded it this morning.

a very frickin awesome cd, overall im liking it more than odyssey, but i think my fav single tracks are still from odyssey.

Yeah .. I think there is definately some thematic similarities between the two, so I wouldn't be suprised to see Symphony X also have some intrumental tie-ins along the way. I only picked out one totally similar part, but I haven't been able to digest this with the headphones on yet.

Britt

I'm almost positive the very end of Revelation is from DWOT, I'll listen to it again in a bit and see what else I can pick up. :)

I'm interested in the lyrics. Paradise Lost has some of the best written english I've read.

SIMPLY AMAZING! I can't freaking wait to hear some of this new stuff live at BB Kings. It's like a cross between Odyssey and V, with a little bit of Divine Wings thrown in. <3 teh Russ.