Tell us your greatest fear...we won't tell

I really never had a problem with grunge when it exploded, probably due to the fact that at that point in my life, I was trying very hard to distance myself from the "popular" culture ie. radio, tv, etc. (and somewhat succeeding). I was getting more and more into underground metal and had only passing listens to what was big. I will not say that I did not hear "Smells Like Teen Spirit" a million times everywhere i went, but I never connected (even to this day) with any artist/band from that scene. But I will share your fear for its reappearance.

A real life fear/phobia that I do have (and for decades now) is accidentally walking into the wrong public washroom. For as long as I can remember I always double check and triple check that I am going into a "MENS" room. I do not ever remember making the mistake, but it freaks me out. I always scan for urinals once I am in the washroom proper in case I did make a mistake. There was this rock club I used to attend that did not have M or F in english on the door. It had it written in Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and a few other languages with foreign characters that I had no idea what was written. You would think that after going to this bar for the amount of times that I did over the years that I would have just realized that the door on the left was the MENS room, but I still waited to see who left. Needless to say, in a dark bar, some guys do look feminine and I had to wait until a few more folks entered or left. Probably looked like a sick freak to the other patrons. Ha, ha!

There. I have come clean.

I really never had a problem with grunge when it exploded, probably due to the fact that at that point in my life, I was trying very hard to distance myself from the "popular" culture ie. radio, tv, etc. (and somewhat succeeding). I was getting more and more into underground metal and had only passing listens to what was big. I will not say that I did not hear "Smells Like Teen Spirit" a million times everywhere i went, but I never connected (even to this day) with any artist/band from that scene. But I will share your fear for its reappearance.

A real life fear/phobia that I do have (and for decades now) is accidentally walking into the wrong public washroom. For as long as I can remember I always double check and triple check that I am going into a "MENS" room.
I do not ever remember making the mistake, but it freaks me out. I always scan for urinals once I am in the washroom proper in case I did make a mistake. There was this rock club I used to attend that did not have M or F in english on the door. It had it written in Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and a few other languages with foreign characters that I had no idea what was written. You would think that after going to this bar for the amount of times that I did over the years that I would have just realized that the door on the left was the MENS room, but I still waited to see who left. Needless to say, in a dark bar, some guys do look feminine and I had to wait until a few more folks entered or left. Probably looked like a sick freak to the other patrons. Ha, ha!

There. I have come clean.

Same here...I actually did this once at a Friday's restaurant! LOL

What's wrong with grunge? Or is it just Nirvana?

I actually went to the wrong bathroom once, thank God it was empty. lol

This might sound quite stupid but..... I have two huge fears>

1-Failing Calculus again. :zzz: It's not like I did not understand the subject, it was that I just made tiny mistakes in the super long exams and the teacher gave 0 points if she found any mistake in the exercises. (It's not just me, the 90% of the class failed too)

2-An insane fear to cockroaches. I panic everytime I see one, they are the ugliest, most disgusting creatures in this world (to me).

What's wrong with grunge? Or is it just Nirvana?

I actually went to the wrong bathroom once, thank God it was empty. lol

This might sound quite stupid but..... I have two huge fears>

1-Failing Calculus again. :zzz: It's not like I did not understand the subject, it was that I just made tiny mistakes in the super long exams and the teacher gave 0 points if she found any mistake in the exercises. (It's not just me, the 90% of the class failed too)

2-An insane fear to cockroaches. I panic everytime I see one, they are the ugliest, most disgusting creatures in this world (to me).

haha....they are F'n sick....you should see them in Florida!!

Ya... Cockroaches are all over FL. I have Family in Jacksonville actually :p... Haha! Pretty cool ey?

Anyway... I fear buglers... haha

haha....they are F'n sick....you should see them in Florida!!

Yes they are sick. so so so sick. the worse ones are the flying ones. :cry:

Ya... Cockroaches are all over FL. I have Family in Jacksonville actually :p... Haha! Pretty cool ey?

Anyway... I fear buglers... haha

:ill:

Oh God....... I will have to avoid Florida at all costs for the rest of my life ...... hahahaha

why buglers?

A real life fear/phobia that I do have (and for decades now) is accidentally walking into the wrong public wash-room. For as long as I can remember I always double check and triple check that I am going into a "MENS" room. I do not ever remember making the mistake, but it freaks me out. I always scan for urinals once I am in the wash-room proper in case I did make a mistake.

Ha-ha, you are so right.
To be honest that never bothered me until once I DID that mistake, and worse thing was that I did not realise it, until after I washed my hands and I was on my way out, two ladies came in and were looking me like I was some kind of pervert. Man, that was sooooo embarrassing !
Now I always double check to be sure :devil:

A real life fear/phobia that I do have (and for decades now) is accidentally walking into the wrong public washroom. For as long as I can remember I always double check and triple check that I am going into a "MENS" room. I do not ever remember making the mistake, but it freaks me out. I always scan for urinals once I am in the washroom proper in case I did make a mistake.

Haha, this is exactly the same for me. I do the "urinal check" right away, which doesn't always work for men's rooms that only have stalls :lol:

A few months ago I was in Stockholm and went into the restroom in the train station. It was huge with maybe 40 stalls (completely self-enclosed - no opening under or above). There were maybe 25 people in there. Immediately, I was face-to-face with 2-3 women. My mind freaked out and I turned to leave, but then noticed several men walking in. I stopped, looked around, and realized half the people in the room were men. It was a unisex bathroom! Wow, that was weird :Spin:

Same trip, in London, I actually went into the wrong one for the first time. It was a restaurant. I went into the bathroom and it was a single-use room with a lock. I locked it, did my business, and opened the door to leave. There was a woman outside waiting and she said "did you know this is the ladies room?". I looked at the door and there was a highly-stylized W that I hadn't even recognized at a sign. The mens room was at the other end of the hall :erk: