Ten Things We Don't Know About You

toolsofthetrade said:
bollox, get to know me personally. :D

That's what I'm trying to do, friend.

Ok, I will post mine.

My hair is down to my ass where it has been since I grew it back after cutting off my long time dreads many years ago. It's naturally wavey. My skin looks greyish a lot (don't know why) and my eyes are grey and blue with yellow lines through them which gives them a green look sometimes but mainly grey reflected.

I own no furniture (except book shelves and an old black trunk) and I haven't used a chair since I was living at home at 17-18 years old, I sit on the floor and I sleep on the floor on just a few blankets.

My husband snores so bad that we haven't slept together in the same room for most of our marriage. It sucks.

I'm afraid of taking steps in life because I don't have any support so everything seems shakey and collapseable and it would be disaster if things fell apart so it is hard to make moves that count. Though I try.

Yet I'm reckless with other things that my life depends on, like not driving too fast. I speed everywhere and weave through traffic, dangerously, daily, like I don't care.

I want to travel and live in campgrounds for the rest of my life and if I could find a way to do it, I would buy a truck with a camper back on it and drive, drive, and drive. That's all I want to do. And go walking in the forest and along the ocean.

Contrary to that, I love the city and I really miss it. I'm dying to walk down a dark and crowded city street right now and I have to have this in my life periodically. I think I'd spend time living in my truck on the city streets sometimes too.

What goes along with that is I really love to watch people, not talk to them but just watch them. I learn a lot this way, most of what I think and believe has come from sitting or standing on the street in Baltimore and watching people. I get information from this that has nothing to do with people as such either, this is what I'm learning, but I need to see and watch people to get these understandings, I don't know why. It opens my heart and or mind I think, to watch people and then other things come to me through it.

My one belief is that nothing matters at all.

Yet when things matter to me it is everything to me, totally, and it never leaves me, ever. Some things will stay with me as potently till the day I die as when I was feeling them while living them. It makes me very sad, indeed. I don't know if my soul is my own because of this or who I am.

I can't count or spell and i really don't give a shit how bad my grammar is. My eye hand coordination (minus keyboard), physicality, and skills with tools and spatial things is fantastic so I don't care. I'll learn spelling and grammar when i need to.

trona said:
That's what I'm trying to do, friend.
thats ok. and ok as well if you want to, but i'm not gonna spread out my brain and life in front of everyone who wouldnt give a shit anyway,
cos they dont know me - it's not like.... interactive if you know what i mean.
in person, you'd see my actions and relate to the words. you cant see that here, whcih makes the concept 'less interesting', sort of.

this is a nice thread, actually. but i have a question for trona beforehand:
i dont know if someone here has asked you this before but why the hell dont you get a divorce? or is that what you meant when you said you're afraid of taking big steps in your life, meaning a divorce?

as for the 6 things (thats all i could come up with at the moment) i wish you to know about me:

1- i have an eight-year-old sister. she is a real dragon and sometimes a royal pain in the ass, but she's the cutest thing ever. probably the thing i love most in life.

2- im in my third year in uni., and hopefully i'll be a naval architect and take over the business from my father who also is a naval architect.

3- i love many things besides metal...jazz, blues, alternative rock, (decent) punk, 80's pop, etc.

4- i like reading a lot and write book reviews for a newspaper, magazines.

5- i really want to meet you, guys. thats the thing i want the most this year.

6- my belief in love is running thinner everyday, but of course there is always hope, eh? im tired of shitty relationships full of pretending, lies and empty emotions. i want the real thing. and above all, i want peacefulness.

there

don, what is it actually, 'being a naval architect'? i'm imagining you're thinking of boats and how to build them all the time, or is it something very different?

popeye.jpg

Ten things about me:

1. I'm doing my radio show and I'm playing "Deceitful Melody" by Odes of Ecstasy. They are a great band.

2. I have had a good share of experiences with the supernatural.

3. I'm in my final year of studies as a music education major, but I'm not going to look for a teaching job when I graduate. I can't see myself in a status quo career at age 22.

4. I'm currently reading "Choke" by Chuck Palahniuk (the guy who wrote "Fight Club").

5. I'd love to save up some money and come to Europe to see some music festivals.

6. I jammed with a Dixieland band a couple weeks ago (on the clarinet).

7. In high school I played in the marching band and regularly met with friends for Dungeons and Dragons sessions.

8. There is at least one bar and one church on every street in the town I live in.

9. The first metal concert I ever went to was Danzig.

10. I know the guitar parts from "Lovelorn Rhapsody" and "Shroud of Frost"

Don Corleone said:
this is a nice thread, actually. but i have a question for trona beforehand:
i dont know if someone here has asked you this before but why the hell dont you get a divorce? or is that what you meant when you said you're afraid of taking big steps in your life, meaning a divorce?

Because we are poor and right at this moment we are economically dependent on each other. I am fully disabled with Multiple Chemical Sensivity and had to stop working this time last year. My husband does not make enough to support us and my mom helps us pay the bills. I'm in school starting in the spring, all online to gain a certificate to get an online job that will allow me to work with my disability.
My husband and I would like nothing more than to be divorced but he is a friend and I care about his survival as well as he does of mine, and right now we need each other to live. He works very hard long hours making as much money as he can. I've been in this vocational rehabilitation program through the state for the past year and will be continuing that through this coming year. Then work.
I'll do fine but I don't know about Bryan when we do get divorced, how he's going to do it. He needs to be making more money to live on his own.
But yes, we will be eventually. Neither of us want to be here in Phoenix either. We've been planning on, after my voc. rehab. and me gaining employment, moving up to Portland where he could get paid more money for what he does.
That is where it stands now.