Terrible songs by great bands.

Dude, Gangland and Can i Play With Madness? are awesome Maiden songs.

Angel and the Gambler would have been better if it was only 4 minutes long and Bruce had sung it. It's got a cool honky-tonk type feel to it.

Through Her Eyes is actually one of the stronger songs on SFAM, IMO. Along with One Last Time, Home, and the three intro songs. The rest is forgettable.

Bad songs by good bands? How about the st. Anger album by metallica?

Good Friends and a Bottle Of Pills completely ruined Far Beyond Driven by Pantera. After hearing that p.o.s. I wanted to kick Phil in his hairy drug-addict balls.

Crazy Legs by (hed) p.e. was a little unnecessary as well.

Don't forget Underwater Love by Faith No More...

Crush Em by Megadeth- considering the talent of the four guys( mustaine, friedman, menza, ellefson) that made this song- this is really really sad.

Threshold by Slayer on the God Hates Us All album- pop simplistic, almost disturbed sounding song- awful. I had to play this song three times to just grasp how they could write something so dreadful.

lord667 said:
On the subject of crappy Maiden songs, how about "Quest For Fire"?

I think Tailgunner is one of the worst Maiden songs, even though many fans reckon that's the only good song on No Prayer for the Dying, their worst album. But I don't like that song, especially when I know that they can do so much better.

vic was 'ere said:
I think Tailgunner is one of the worst Maiden songs, even though many fans reckon that's the only good song on No Prayer for the Dying, their worst album. But I don't like that song, especially when I know that they can do so much better.
Forgot about that one & also Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter....

Weekend Warrior-Iron Maiden !:yuk:
Shoot, Shoot-Dio
No Bone Movies-Ozzy (The only blemish on the brilliant Blizzard Of Ozz album.)
Undying-Overkill
The entire Risk album by Megadeth
I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing-Aerosmith (come on guys...)
Planet Caravan-Black Sabbath ( Alot of people seem to like this one..I don't get it.)
Shattered-Pantera
Mind Control-Slayer
The Memory Remains-Metallica
Dirge For November-Opeth (Kind of has the same effect as No bone Movies did on Blizzard Of Ozz for me, although not even close to as bad!Still kind of blemishes a fantastic album though.)
Angel Of Disease-Morbid Angel
Death Church-Machine Head
My Monkey-Marilyn Manson

ah yes, The Memory Remains by Metallica- now that is a truly horrible song. Even worse is the fact it was getting airplay on the radio.

speed said:
ah yes, The Memory Remains by Metallica- now that is a truly horrible song. Even worse is the fact it was getting airplay on the radio.

I've liked stuff off of every album they have ever put out (yes, even St. Anger) but production issues aside, The Memory Remains is THE worst Metallica song ever. They had that awful Marianne Faithful come in there and make a bad song worse. I was very happy they weren't playing it on this tour!

The first one that comes to mind is "You Not Me" by Dream Theater...an awesome band, a horrendous song...

Some other bad ones include just about every track on Iron Maiden's "No Prayer For the Dying" album, and I can also do without Savatage's "I Am" and Queensryche's "Sign of the Times," which is quite possibly the worst song Queensryche has ever written...why do such amazing bands always have to turn sour?

Reactions: speed
Dirge For November is my favorite Opeth song.

And can somebody please explain why "Gangland" by IM is such a bad song? everyone seems to hate it, hell ive even practically TRIED to hate it to see what people mean but i just don't get it. It's a great song!