Texas death metal band INIQUITOUS, Suffocation's MIKE SMITH on drums

Djent is an onomatopoeic description of a chunky metallic sounding palm mute, usually with higher guage strings and a heavy picking hand.
It has since evolved into a genre of douchebags going 12 0 13 0 11 0 and polyrhythmic chugging for an hour at a time.

The finest piece the genre has produced is Meshuggah - Catch Thirty-Three which is glorious in every single way and has since been going steadily down hill.

Djent is an onomatopoeic description of a chunky metallic sounding palm mute, usually with higher guage strings and a heavy picking hand.
It has since evolved into a genre of douchebags going 12 0 13 0 11 0 and polyrhythmic chugging for an hour at a time.

The finest piece the genre has produced is Meshuggah - Catch Thirty-Three which is glorious in every single way and has since been going steadily down hill.

+1

yeah, everything could have been a little tighter. but overall it came out pretty good. is intended for demo/promo purposes so it is what it is. we had a small amount of time to get everything finished before Mike had to go on tour with Suffocation. Mike even told me that he wished he could have had more time to work on the stuff. we are working on a full length right now, not with Mike on drums, but the drummer we found locally plays pretty damn well also. we will take our time on this recording to ensure that everything is tight. thanks for your comments.

Jeff
guitar

To be honest, I'm sick of the note perfect productions that any stupid kid does. I'd rather listen to Autopsy than any of that pussy christian metalcore bands you guys listen to.

i enjoyed the vibe of this EP. Its kind of "oldschool freshness" after today's trendy manufacturingism. I kind of even remember songs after first few runs.

I guarantee, that if I posted this in the rate my mix section, and told everyone that I programed drums to the guitars, NOBODY would be saying, "yeah, I totally dig the groove!!!"

I guarantee, that if I posted this in the rate my mix section, and told everyone that I programed drums to the guitars, NOBODY would be saying, "yeah, I totally dig the groove!!!"

facepalm2ly3.jpg

Been jamming the shit out of the Iniquitous tracks on Myspace. Just gets better and better. Really looking forward to the full length and hope you guys do some shows here in Austin.