Thanks!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Thanks to everyone who traveled both far & near to our little fest.

Glad to hear everyone had a good time. :kickass:

Also...a huge thanks to Squeak, Ralf, Zilla, Julio, Vince Kelley, our sponsors, and everyone for helping to pull this thing off...and last but not least, we'd like to publicly thank all the bands for kicking ass and being great to work with....

You all RAWK!!!!

Take care,
Rob, Chris & John

booB said:
I suppose it's fair to assume that Rob and Chris aren't in this for the money ;)

Fair assumption....but we're not in it to lose are asses either which,
unfortunately, was the case this year. We took a huge gamble and
it didn't pay off which made us really consider whether we would
do this again. After some discussion, we have decided to carry
on but as we've stated, things will be much different moving forward.

is it logical to hope that the fest might move back to J.J. Kelley's (for one year, at least)? Or is it more likely that the venue will stay the same, but the fest lineup will be moving in a different direction?

Or, is that decision too far from being made to even comment on? ;)

GateXII said:
The goal for next year is to find an all ages venue IN Chicago, and the type lineup will definitely have to change...although it'll still stay in the same vein in terms of musicianship. :headbang: :worship:

IN Chicago? Like, really IN the city? That would be AWESOME! :headbang:

Looking forward to what you guys have planned for next year! :)

Steph

Ugh....the city....maybe you guys should come out here and see if there are venues out more NW? (Schaumburg, Roselle, Streamwood, etc.) It's closer to O'Hare and instead of travelling into the HELL known as Chicago, and then staying in the HELL known as Chicago, you guys can bypass it all together....just a thought. Also the hotel situation in the city kinda sucks...too few and far between. The Metro would kick ass for this kinda fest, but the hotel accomodations around there suck.
Just my humble opinion.....
~Annie

prncsslime said:
The Metro would kick ass for this kinda fest, but the hotel accomodations around there suck.
~Annie

We could always camp out in the cemetary! :)
The other issue about having it IN Chicago, would be the hotel costs.
I agree with Annie, the burbs, while not a total bargain, would be the most affordable. There USED to be a club on 62 & Euclid that did all ages shows, until some gangbangers killed a kid in the parking lot. Cool place, I had seen Yngwie & Rainbow play there.....

J-Dubya

edit: I think the place was last known as Jackhammers......

I agree with all that stuff that they said ;)

However, in-town wouldn't be too bad... the people who didn't have cars this year were kinda fucked, but in Chicago there's no shortage of taxis for those who need them... we might not be able to find a venue that's close to lodging, but at least we'd have less hassle associated with transportation. Plus, if we DID do this at the Metro, we'd be pretty close to Metal Haven, Wrigley Field, and Neil Kernon's apartment. ;)

prncsslime said:
Ugh....the city....maybe you guys should come out here and see if there are venues out more NW? (Schaumburg, Roselle, Streamwood, etc.) It's closer to O'Hare and instead of travelling into the HELL known as Chicago, and then staying in the HELL known as Chicago, you guys can bypass it all together....just a thought. Also the hotel situation in the city kinda sucks...too few and far between. The Metro would kick ass for this kinda fest, but the hotel accomodations around there suck.
~Annie

we need a central location with lots of transportation and lots of
places to go/see, we just don't the 'burbs are practical for both
out-of-towners and the majority of metalheads that live in the
city....especially the many that rely on public transport.

Chris Lotesto said:
we need a central location with lots of transportation and lots of
places to go/see, we just don't the 'burbs are practical for both
out-of-towners and the majority of metalheads that live in the
city....especially the many that rely on public transport.

All true, but I don't see the practicality of "rush hour traffic" in the city for all of us that would have to take a bus from the hotel to the venue, or drive to it, especially on friday night. I've lived in the city all my life (barring the last 4 years), and there have been times that it would take me 2 hours to get from Belmont and Cicero to Belmont and Clark on a bus....I'm sure a cab would take as long, AND be more expensive.
There are a few pretty seedy hotels by the metro, but I can't think of any in the downtown area especially, that would offer reasonable rates. They cater more to the "rich" out of towners, than us poor folk hehehe, AND on a Saturday night, Downtown can be a pretty scary place, almost as bad as by the hotels we stayed in this year ;). It's a tough call guys.....we have friends that live in all parts of the city so accomodations would most likely be easy for us, but I'm just thinking of all the out of towners who will be paying more for transport (money wise OR time wise), and for a good hotel. Just my opinion....I'm sure that wherever you guys have it we will be there no matter what :) You know we luv ya!!
Good luck!!
~Annie

I don't think it ever will be done, Bryan! EVERY time I've EVER been to Chicago, there is some sort of major construction project that messes it all up! Maybe you can plan your shopping sprees a little better, foo! :heh:

Hey guys, any chance we can get you to spill your ideas for the new direction the lineup will take?

*curious as a cat*

*wants to help*