The 'Album 2' Thread

matt schrauben

Curse You All Men!
Jan 24, 2006
Westphalia, MI
www.silentlapse.com
After our show at Uli's on Nov. 10th, Silent Lapse plans to hit the studio and start recording what will become the second Silent Lapse album.

As of now, our studio is in the final stages of being prepared for the recording. We are excited to start getting down tones for the first time in our new studio.

Stay tuned for more!

Thanks man! We are excited to start getting this down.

We for sure will indulge in our actual recording process. Mitchell and Taylor both are pretty huge recording junkies. Plus we’ll be posting studio Diaries as well.

I’m hoping we post our first diary in the next few weeks!

looking forward to it!

if you guys ever need a hand on the engineering end i'd be happy to donate my time.. I believe i mentioned this to taylor at one time..

none the less, really looking forward to new material and updates.

looking forward to it!

if you guys ever need a hand on the engineering end i'd be happy to donate my time.. I believe i mentioned this to taylor at one time..

none the less, really looking forward to new material and updates.

Thanks for the offer Hagenmusic. We’ll keep that in mind as we continue the process.

What’s new in Ionia? Haven’t been there in a while myself.

The first drums for the new album are being recorded tonight! I can't believe we're getting back into this again. Although it's been about 4 years since the last one, it still seems like yesterday. Goodbye, sleep. It was nice knowing you. :)

It went well last night. We took a few drum takes of the song ‘No Home’ last night. The tones were amazing, and the kit just sounds so live. It’s wonderful.

We’ll be taking more takes on Friday and Saturday morning. The plan is to get the drums for ‘No Home’ and ‘A Good Fight’ down and recorded.

Speaking of 'No Home':

Last edited by a moderator:
View the first studio diary for album 2! This is a very short first installment, and will provide minimal insight into the process. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: