The Album Mixes

ArtisanBass

I like a nice salad......
Nov 13, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
www.artisanmetal.com
With the exception of "The Fourth Dimension" which Peter stated as, the most money we ever put into an album to date and the worst sounding one by that time, all the Hypocrisy albums have sounded way fucking agressive yet different. Like The self titled album had a really unique sound but overall it was a puncy, heavy, ass kicking metal sandwhich. I feel that maybe a more wreckless plug in and go attitude was put into "Into The Abyss". I think that was inspired by Peter's participation with Lock Up. The fact that the album was recorded in a number of days and sounded pretty damn good must of been inspiring.
Any how, I love all the albums sound wise. Well some of the first few are pretty crusty but what do you expect at that time. There was no $ for death metal and not much technology yet for enterprising people like Peter to put a studio together piece by piece.
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SOUNDING HYPOCRISY ALBUM AND WHY?

Heavy, heavy, heavy, heavy regards,
Mike
www.artisanmetal.com

the S/T has the best production IMO. and the worst of which i own is 4th dimension its a re-relase i mean its good production but the guitars are turned a bit too low so the drums are overpowering. And with the into the abyss album the bass drums are mixed too low you can't hear them so clearley and thats a bit bad but otherwise i think hypocrisy does a good job with their album mixing and production...

I agree about the re-issue of the 4h Dimension. Every time I hear a remaster the guitars are always a bit thinner and the drums are always a bit more fat. I actually dug all the Ozzy remasters cause the bass stood out a bit more. I also got a while back a Master of Puppets gold re-master and though it was punchier, the guitars were less crunchy. I have to say with the "Destroys Wacken" album I love hearing some of the older tunes with a nice modern production. Same goes for the remakes on the "!0 Years" disc.

Metal
ArtisanBass

I would have to say that it is a toss-up between the self-titled and, oddly enough, Penetralia . I realize the contrast in styles here, but as far as representing the two different eras of this band, I feel these two stand out from the rest. Penetralia had such a punchy, full sound for a debut album, and the S/T really set the modern-day standard for production on a metal album, as far as I am concerned...

I have only heard a few Penetralia tracks in their original form, but what I have heard sounds very good considering when they were recorded (in addition to recording condtions/budget), but I totally love the sound of the S/T, which really fits the music.