The Best Concert

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
Slayer,Exodus,Venom Studio 54,N.Y.C, April 1985 was the most craziest gig I ever went to. The sushie bar got destroyed,people were just insane at that show. Barmaids & bouncers quit their job during this.it was nuts.

You are so right. This show is definitely one of my tops. It was insane. Forget about Venom, it wasn't even the original lineup. Exodus and Slayer just destroyed. Scott was down in the pit, I remember him coming out looking like he went through a war. The video they released of this show doesn't capture how it was, at all.

other top shows for me off the top of my head:
-Metallica Rising Sun '83 (?)
-Kiss MSG 2/18/77
-Pink Floyd Animals tour
-Van Halen (opening for Sabbath and WACF tour)
-Iron Maiden (w/Dianno opening for Priest)

I would have to say, and not because this is an Anthrax message board but Anthrax played in Clearwater Florida in October 2003. IT was in a bar called Greenbacks. An absolute shit hole. Maybe 300 people at the most. Two local suck bands opening up. I was right up against the stage, but even if you were way in the back you would still have been like 30 feet from the stage. Before the show at the merchandise booth if you bought a WCFYA CD for $12.00 you got a meet and greet pass for after the show. The meet and greet was in a room no bigger then a one car garage. They let three or four people in at a time for autographs. I purposely went in last and got to take pictures. It was not the first time meeting them and I've seen them over ten times. It's cool to see them play on a big stage, like the tour with Pantera or White Zombie or even in a club, but in a local neighborhood bar was really unbelievable.