The Best Metal Band Of All time

gary.newelluk

New Metal Member
Jan 4, 2006
My friend and I were arguing over who was the best metal band of all time and the argument went on and on and more and more bands were added to our list.

Finally I decided to set up a site and let other people decide at http://www.heavymetalkingdom.com

There are two lists: the first list has our fight over the best bands and the second is the list about the best songs.

The only problem I have is how to get people to vote and so I thought I'd ask you kind people at this forum to vote.

The list is still largely the original list me and my friend came up with but the guys at Europetheband.com have got in on the act after finding the site somehow and there appears to be a list of Europe songs at the top of the top 100 songs.

Now I don't think Europe are the best metal band ever. Personally I'm a Motley Crue/Kix/Twister Sister kind of guy.

So put us out of our misery guys and tell us who is the best ever.

Alice Cooper #12 in the 80's? His worst period! And not to be disrespectful or squared, but I see too many glam bands for my taste. And even if I know they flowered in the 80's, to me the 80's it's NWOBHM.

Judas Priest #16, Black Sabbath it's not even mentioned and their best album it's from 1980!, where is Saxon? 55 o_O

And why wasting time mentioning The Darkness? I don't care how they sound 80's are 1980-1989, if you weren't there then you don't count!

And why are grunge bands mentioned, and Aldo Nova?
c010.gif

I really want to vote but I'm kind of enraged. Nevertheless I will accept that the band that was bigger than life in the 80's was undoubtedly Iron Maiden and so there's my vote (still pissed tho).

NP: Adramelch - 'Irae Melanox' (btw good album from 1988)

P.S. And fuck off! In the songs list 'Heaven And Hell' it's not listed, the best metal song in history is not listed, go and....
h036.gif

That's a pretty confused list, to put it kindly. So what are they really after? The best metal band of all time or the best 80s metal band of all time?

Droogie and No Mercy could really put the young pups that put that list together to shame without even breaking a sweat.

I didn't vote. I was just too underwhelmed.

Wheezer said:
That's a pretty confused list, to put it kindly. So what are they really after? The best metal band of all time or the best 80s metal band of all time?

Droogie and No Mercy could really put the young pups that put that list together to shame without even breaking a sweat.

I didn't vote. I was just too underwhelmed.

Absolutely !! If I was cool as No Mercy when I was fourteen (are you fourteen yet dude?) I would be on top of the world.

I never gave you a welcome into the Oldschool forum, my man, but this is an official welcome !! You are one hell of as metal-head. I am proud to know you as an oldschool metal comrade No-Mercy !!

Bryant

Wyvern said:
Alice Cooper #12 in the 80's? His worst period! And not to be disrespectful or squared, but I see too many glam bands for my taste. And even if I know they flowered in the 80's, to me the 80's it's NWOBHM.

Judas Priest #16, Black Sabbath it's not even mentioned and their best album it's from 1980!, where is Saxon? 55 o_O

And why wasting time mentioning The Darkness? I don't care how they sound 80's are 1980-1989, if you weren't there then you don't count!

And why are grunge bands mentioned, and Aldo Nova?
c010.gif

I really want to vote but I'm kind of enraged. Nevertheless I will accept that the band that was bigger than life in the 80's was undoubtedly Iron Maiden and so there's my vote (still pissed tho).

NP: Adramelch - 'Irae Melanox' (btw good album from 1988)

P.S. And fuck off! In the songs list 'Heaven And Hell' it's not listed, the best metal song in history is not listed, go and....
h036.gif

U need to share some of that Imperial or Tecate/w/lime with me lol never seen u pissed over a list.. i didnt even look at the list when i read u guys say that Europe is at the top of the list and over Maiden of all bands lol ... Heaven and Hell is a great song but i also like Children of the Sea off that album... as for Best Metal Band of All time.. that is a matter of opinion and everyone will have a different one... some will agree and some wont.. but in the end everyone will disaggree....

Soul of Ice said:
I didn't see Rush on the list, so I had to vote for Manowar. :)

I never considered Rush a metal band.. some metal influences and/or metal moments but overall not a metal band... just a progressive hard rock band with some metal overtones here and there...

:lol: This list is a fucking riot.

"The voice of a generation sums up Rob Halford. Did a great cover of "Johnny B Goode""

"Dave Mustaine left Metallica and formed another great metal band. Rust in Pieces the highlight"

""The Prince Of Darkness". His solo stuff was as good if not better as his stuff with Black Sabbath."

"Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The godfathers of funk metal. Blood Sex Sugar Magik was a master piece."
(WHAT???:ill: )

"Soundgarden
Also started in the 80s and were far better than Nirvana. "Jesus Christ pose""

"Nirvana
They started in the 80s with the debut "Bleach" and then "Saved the world", (like fuck did they)"
(No comment on the two mentioned aboveo_O )

"Black Flag
Henry Rollin's punk outfit Black Flag":err:

"Billy Idol
Not really metal but a lot of the bands here aren't. It depends on your point of view"
(I couldn't agree more, yet couldn't disagree more. More than half the bands on this list are not metal.)

"Skyclad
Not sure if they were in the 80s but started of as dark metal with humourous lyrics."
(Seriously, WHAT THE HELL? Have you ever heard Skyclad??? 'Humorous lyrics'??? This list is unbearable.)

"Led Zeppelin
Not 80s really but can't have all these other great bands and not Zeppelin"
(Oh, totally, why not mention them? You've got 4 million other non metal bands on the list.)

This is a joke, a quite humorous one indeed:tickled:

#1_Droogie said:
"Skyclad
Not sure if they were in the 80s but started of as dark metal with humourous lyrics."
(Seriously, WHAT THE HELL? Have you ever heard Skyclad??? 'Humorous lyrics'??? This list is unbearable.)

Yes, because we all know that "Cardboard City" and "Civil War Dance" are humorous numbers. :Smug:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I never considered Rush a metal band.. some metal influences and/or metal moments but overall not a metal band... just a progressive hard rock band with some metal overtones here and there...

Well, you may be right on that, but you cannot deny they are progenitors of many many metal bands today.

Edit: Second thought...But then, Led Zeppelin and Nirvana should not be on the list and probably a lot of other bands either.