The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Why doesn't jackson make single pickup V's anymore? Seems like a missed opportunity. I settled for my edwards because I couldn't find the jackson I wanted.

Seller wants 1550 for the RR24M I linked by the way.

Why doesn't jackson make single pickup V's anymore? Seems like a missed opportunity. I settled for my edwards because I couldn't find the jackson I wanted.

Seller wants 1550 for the RR24M I linked by the way.

To tell you my story, I was a kid (15-16) when a friend referred to the Jackson RR24s as Alexi used to play similar one in 2009 (they were still in store). Until then I didn't notice that, although I watched several concert vids from different eras of the band and I played the guitar myself. At the time we both ogle with the LTD Alexi 200 series. I wanted a white, while he went for the black. He bought it, I didn't have the money. :( But I looked up on those Alexi Jacksons and there I've found out that they were stolen etc. As I got into the story of the guitars they started to appeal me more than the Alexi ESPs so I dropped the Alexi 200 and LTD Scythe idea and my goal became a Jackson RR24. I picked up the idea again around 2012, when I learnt that they are discontinued. I got enough money in 2013 to start searching for one seriously and I managed to find a decent seller only in May 2015! (Who was not that decent as I experienced in the end...he didn't secure the guitar in the package well enough so it suffered minor damages during delivery...)

Reactions: rabber_335i
Yeah, good thing this upcoming models doesn't have the graphics

2910000557_jac_ins_frt_01_rr.png

Reactions: rabber_335i
Why can't they just make a decent 24 fret Rhoads with a normal headstock and a floyd? I hate reverse headstocks on V/RR style guitars.

Reactions: Works0fheart
yayaow

L3pv1CW.jpg

Still have my RR-J2SP. Changed the pickup to an EMG 81 (with 18V mod) and it sounds MEAN. Most likely gonna get it PLEK'd (super fancy computer controlled fret levelling) in the near future. Doesn't play as good as it used to, and can't get action low enough.

Also to the guy struggling with floyd going out of tune after doing a dive/rise. I had the same problem, it was the floyd baseplate knife edges (where it contacts the screws that screw into the body). Replaced the baseplate and everything ok.

I think it seems reasonable considering with the floyd/tuners/emg alx is probably $500 in Upgrades?

I know I said I wanted to see LTD re release the alexi models but I think the Edward’s are more true to his guitars. I was looking, the Ltd alexi pinky is completely different than his pink guitar, right? Alexis just had the pink pinstripes where as the Ltd version had way more pink

I got my edwards Arrowhead for 1200 euro’s like 10 years ago orso, and my edwards scythe for 800 euro’s included train ticket from france.

paid 1700 for an ESP Signature model pinky.

and just missed out for an edwards black white sawtooth for 450 euro’s

Hey there,

I sell my ESP SV 1 NT (made in Japan, very good condition / like new). This guitar come with an original ESP hardcase and will also be offered on ebay within the next few days. I will post the link here as soon as it is online.
If you have any questions / want some photos of it / etc....feel free to ask. I live in Germany and will sell it within the EU.

This exact model was played by Allu in the "Looking out my backdoor" video and hangs also on the wall at The Riff.

Cheers!

Hope ESP are smart enough to realize that now would be a great time to re-release his entire backline now that the prices of them are sky rocketing. Hell, even RR24's are shooting through the roof as well.