The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Hello everyone! Today I got my 87&88 gp-1000 back from modding. Mods was made by the same guy who made them to Alexi, in finland. Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like

Attachments

• 563D728B-7CA1-42E5-921C-98D2A0291EB3.jpeg
    563D728B-7CA1-42E5-921C-98D2A0291EB3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
If my memory serves me right, there's a very common mod where you switch out a capacitor and a resistor and it adds a touch more gain and smoothes out the treble a little bit. This was a common mod to the GP-1000's even back in the 90's by Lee Jackson himself, but I know Alexi had his GP-1000 modified I think after HCDR to get a little more bass out of it, which you can definitely hear when they recorded AYDY. Would love to hear what mods the guy from Finland did! I've got an 87 transitional model, an 88 model, and an SP-1000 and I love them all dearly lol.

I totally forgot to post a pic of the RR-LL I bought a few months ago. The quality is really bad but you'll get the general idea. Maybe I'll post a better pic of all of my Alexi-guitars at some point.

Attachments

• Jackson RR LL.jpg
    Jackson RR LL.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: SIND
Stumbled upon this on Instagram and figured it would be cool to share it all of you. Looks like someone ordered a custom shop RR from a shop in Japan spec'd out exactly like Alexi's old green pinstripe Rhoads! Also, after doing a little digging I found out that this guy also had some pedal maker called Oak Analog Effects Industry made a JE-1000 clone that looks pretty spot on with the originals. The whole site is in Japanese, but I'm curious if the builder ships internationally:rolleyes:
IMG_1986.JPG IMG_1986.JPG IMG_1987.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1988.JPG
    IMG_1988.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1991.JPG
    IMG_1991.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 24
Based on a few subtle hints from a few guitar dealers I follow, I would be keeping a close eye on ESP's social media tomorrow.
I have a feeling something special might be announced :)

Reactions: Zman
Are they finally going to post the fan pics as a tribute or whatever they were asking for? That should be a boatload of pics.

No. Word's been going around they're releasing some new models of his or re-releasing some older ones.
If they release a purple one with white pinstripes I'm interested even if it is an LTD. Otherwise I'll probably pass.

EDIT: If they make some special finishes with album cover themes like the Slayer-ones they did some years ago or something like Ale's HCDR custom shop, they'll get my atttention.

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Maybe they'll do the arrowhead model since ESP Japan re-released it not too long ago. Always loved that one and would get one even as an LTD model, if possible!

It's the 2 purple models so far in LTD, E2, ESP, and custom shop variants. No announcement as to whether they're doing re releases just yet. If anyone is curious they have pics and pre orders up on Axe Palace and Chondro guitars