The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

11,000 euros? Holy fuck lol

Attachments

• 73D37B4C-F31F-483D-B21A-DACD1768B464.jpeg
    73D37B4C-F31F-483D-B21A-DACD1768B464.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
Quick question: What is the difference between an EMG HZ pickup and a normal EMG pickup?
I don't know where to put my money right now and wanted to try the HZ-FH2, but it's either totally overpriced or not available. EMG and THomann also only carry the normal F-H2 (without HZ). There is also the HZ H4 and the normal H4. Any ideas? Higher output?

Reactions: MattK
Quick question: What is the difference between an EMG HZ pickup and a normal EMG pickup?
I don't know where to put my money right now and wanted to try the HZ-FH2, but it's either totally overpriced or not available. EMG and THomann also only carry the normal F-H2 (without HZ). There is also the HZ H4 and the normal H4. Any ideas? Higher output?

Weird....I just looked on the EMG site and they are all just listed as H2 or H4, no HZ in front of them.

EMG calls it a H2, but if you change the cover color to Black, it shows EMG HZ on the logo, so assuming they are the same. E-mail EMG and ask, they have always responded pretty quick to me with any questions.

https://www.emgpickups.com/guitar/humbucking/h2.html

I wonder if they just dropped the whole HZ thing for marketing purposes?

So, anyone with a J-50BC, maybe you can help me out.

I finally found one and it comes with the cover, but I have read some threads talking about it not fitting into the guitar.

Anyone have this issue? If so, is it only an issue if the cover has raised lettering, or is it an issue with the raised lettering cover and the non raised logo covers? Some stuff I am reading makes it seem they are different sizes, but I have no idea.

Wanting to put it in my RR24, but wondering if I am going to have to do it without the cover, or modify the guitar to make it fit with the pickup cover.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

So, anyone with a J-50BC, maybe you can help me out.

I finally found one and it comes with the cover, but I have read some threads talking about it not fitting into the guitar.

Anyone have this issue? If so, is it only an issue if the cover has raised lettering, or is it an issue with the raised lettering cover and the non raised logo covers? Some stuff I am reading makes it seem they are different sizes, but I have no idea.

Wanting to put it in my RR24, but wondering if I am going to have to do it without the cover, or modify the guitar to make it fit with the pickup cover.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

I had one in a RR24M a few years ago. The guitar tech who installed it and a JE-1000 clone said the pickup doesn't fit in the stock pickup ring with the cover on. It seems that Jackson had their own pickup rings for their old pickups, but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Works0fheart
-AnzzA- was pretty much spot on. The older Jackson pickup covers with the raised logo are oversized compared to normal pickup covers used today. Every guitar I've ever put an old Jackson pickup in needs the cavity routed a bit to fit the oversize pickup. You could absolutely remove the pickup cover and it will fit inside of any traditional humbucker cavity. I've read once or twice that the non-raised logo covers were a smaller size, but I can't 100% confirm that. If you need a pickup ring that will fit the oversized Jackson covers, check out fretsonthenet.com. The owner, Dave, makes tons of hard to find replacement parts for older guitars.

The same problem with me. My J 50 didn't fit into the frame and I had to remove the cover, I think.
One of you had bought my J-50 BC at the time (I can't remember who it was). Was it with or without the cover? I don't remember.

the USA jackson pickups (with the raised logo) is a bigger pickup size then the later japanese or Now days pickups, so fitting them in a stock pickup cavity it would fit with luck, the pickup ring is also bigger on the usa versions,

Did you see the super strat where he put REAL diamonds in the body.. few post back from nov 17th lol JEEZ

I did a rough count and he should have about 30-35 Alexi guitars. Most of the guitars he has are doubles or triples. In addition, there are easily 30-40 other guitars. It's crazy. Too bad he can't really play.

Which post is that?
I remember seeing it posted on eBay for like a day and then the listing disappeared and later on, he posted these pictures. It’s not exactly like Roope’s, but it’s so similar that it’s clear where the influence is from.

Attachments

• 30B50202-0C0E-4C11-9140-C06D650AA5A9.jpeg
    30B50202-0C0E-4C11-9140-C06D650AA5A9.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 86126924-AB07-4F60-BF02-E5C68DE0971F.jpeg
    86126924-AB07-4F60-BF02-E5C68DE0971F.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 27
  • FEA5A94A-1C5A-4CE3-B28A-1CDA863C4916.jpeg
    FEA5A94A-1C5A-4CE3-B28A-1CDA863C4916.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 24