THE CROWN Part Ways With TOMAS LINDBERG

Dec 28, 2001
New Plymouth, New Zealand
www.last.fm
For anyone who doesn't know..

THE CROWN Part Ways With TOMAS LINDBERG - June 4, 2002

Sweden's THE CROWN have parted ways with vocalist Tomas Lindberg (ex-AT THE GATES) due to personal differences. A message on the group's official web site states simply that "any questions to this statement will be answered with 'no comment'."

Lindberg joined THE CROWN in March 2001 as the replacement for Johan Lindstrand, who left the group due to his dislike for the touring lifestyle. Tomas appeared on THE CROWN's most recent CD, Crowned In Terror, which was released through Metal Blade Records in April.

THE CROWN's last show with Lindberg took place last Friday, May 31st, at The Shrine in Stockholm, where the group shared the stage with THE HAUNTED and NECROPHOBIC. It is not presently clear if the band will go ahead with their next scheduled live appearance, which is due to take place at the Tuska Metal Festival in Helsinki, Finland on July 13th.

The Great Deceiver
Skitsystem
Lock-Up

As far as I know, those are the bands that Tomas is currently active in. I think that there are one or two more, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

New Great Deceiver is awesome by the way. I've never heard Jet Black Art, but apparently it's quite different. Whatever the case, the new one is really cool, and very different.

sad news... i don't know that good vocalist for The Crown as Tompa & Johan was...