The end of Angel Dust???

Now Steven and Dirk are out, too?
Why???
Seems like that Frank are now the only primal member again... the same problems concerning the members as in the past...?
:confused:

It's very fortunate Frank has decided to go on, but loosing such a singer who was a trademark of AD.......sounds really like the end for me :cry:

I don't understand how events go so fast...... :confused:

As Gauny said, I also would like to hear the statements of the other members (or ex-members if you want), I don't really wanna judge the event yet.

All I can say is that I will miss the melodic agression of the music and ... Dirk's acting and his "takling" to the audience ... (wtf. is the english word for "Ausstrahlung" ???:mad: )

Originally posted by Cornholio
As Gauny said, I also would like to hear the statements of the other members (or ex-members if you want), I don't really wanna judge the event yet.

All I can say is that I will miss the melodic agression of the music and ... Dirk's acting and his "takling" to the audience ... (wtf. is the english word for "Ausstrahlung" ???:mad: )

I would also like to hear from them.....this is all Just a nightmare I think......I hope when I wake up it is all going to be over......I think the word you are looking for corny may be interaction

Augh. Remnants of "Still I'm bleeding" and "Follow Me" are playing through my mind as I read this thread.

I can't explain the depths of my sorrow after seeing what I've just seen here. At least there will always be the albums they HAVE created. These are their eternal legacy, despite whatever turmoil occurs between the members themselves.

Quoth Gaunerin:
Banx was obviously very angry when he wrote that comment in the guestbook and - even if everything he said was completely true - I don't like the way of his announcement.
I believe there are always two sides to a story and I cannot believe it's "the whole world against Banx". Hopefully there won't be any more bad words in publicity....no matter who says them.
It always leaves a bitter taste when bands are having quarrels via magazines/internet etc.

I also don't see why Banx is sooooo pissed with German stages.....I understand the festival last week wasn't exactly the best experience but I don't think it's a reason to wipe away all the good gigs and tours they had in the past. That's just my perspective maybe.....I'm only a fan without the real insight in things after all. It's just how I feel about the whole thing.
Banx was obviously very angry when he wrote that comment in the guestbook and - even if everything he said was completely true - I don't like the way of his announcement.

Gaunerin, I understand how you would be tasting a bitterness after seeing this, I taste it as well. Yet, we have to think of it from this perspective: Banx has obviously put up with a hell of a lot of shit from both his bandmates as well as some so called 'fans'. Because of this, Assmuth's antics must have been the "straw that broke the camel's back", and sent him over the edge. I'm sure all of us recall those moments in our lives when the shit hits the fan and everything seems to be piling upon our shoulders. In those moments, I'm sure all of us would have loved to EXPLODE and let everyone know how fucking betrayed we felt...well, Mr. Banx released it all in this message, and I can completely understand the roots of his anger. As for not wanting to play on another German stage again, well, that's another one of his momentary releases of tension after what a few ASSHOLE fans DID do. "There's one in every crowd" as it's always said.

Let me find out from Frank if I am allowed to explain about the German stages... If I am, then I will explain and you may understand better. There are MANY MANY things behind the scenes that has happened and you cannot condemn any one of these band members or things that have happened without knowing the whole situation. Trust me, this is my favorite band and as much as I don't want the band to change, shit happens. That doesn't mean Angel Dust is totally gone. Just changes have to happen in order for it to go on.

I never condemned anybody so far. I always said that I don't have insight of what happened within the band.

I met the band last week and Banx already said there he was not going to play a German stage again. He was also praising the US like he is still doing now. You know, it is hard to understand from a fan's perspective. In fact, I don't really understand it. He wants to "punish" promoters but it's also the fans that will suffer from something like this. How should this work anyway? I don't believe you can tour in Europe completely ignoring one country.
Anyway this is just one piece of the whole thing that is going on.

He posted again in the guestbook today, in German this time, which is bad for all of you who don't understand it.
I considered myself a true Angel Dust fan but I simply cannot follow what's going on. So I'm not a "real" fan as Banx puts it!?
Hey, we don't own the guys here in Germany, I would be glad if they got the opportunities for great tours in the US, especially now that Ritchie is in the band! But the statements he currently posts............I'm lost for words really. (He even refers to the 3rd Reich and the current politics in Germany.....well, what does this have to do with AD?) The fans are already getting very angry, I'm not sure if this is what AD wants/needs.

I'll stop posting about this here now. I've already worried too much about the whole issue and I can't do anything anyway.
But I wished it
a) had never happened and
b) not in this way.

I agree with Squeak in that there is ALOT of stuff going on that you are not aware of. I'm sure the fans are very confused as this just came as a blow but it has been brewing for sometime now. As for who is still in and who is out....Dirk & Steven didn't catch their flight to Milwaukee and chose to send their apologies instead of catching another flight. Why? We don't know. The Steel Meets Steel & Wacken was cancelled because Aussie quit and would not play these 2 shows. Nick couldn't do it because the money wasn't there to buy his plane ticket not to mention the all happened so fast....who's to say Nick would even be available as he has his own band in Denver called Silencer. AD is Banx's band and he decided that it just wasn't possible for them to get a new drummer worked in before the big shows. They didn't want to go on stage and sound like shit due to not being ready. As for Ritchie, he is very fustrated as he has never been the reason for the band to cancel a show he is ALWAYS packed and ready to go. All he wants to do is play. He doesn't understand why Aussie won't play those 2 shows, he doesn't understand why Dirk & Steven didn't catch another flight to make it to Milwaukee, he doesn't understand why there isn't enough money to fly Nick out to do the shows in Switzerland & Germany, he doesn't understand what the hell Banx is talking about when he posts such confusing messages on the guestbook. Yes, they are upset about the actions of some of the "fans" they faced at their last show. They were throwing clumps of mud/grass at the band. What dumbasses! I suggest everyone just sit back and give the band some time to figure out where do they go from here....if anywhere.

Originally posted by Angel Duster
Yes, they are upset about the actions of some of the "fans" they faced at their last show. They were throwing clumps of mud/grass at the band. What dumbasses!

Right! A few from us who were in the first row also had the "pleasure" of being hit by that stuff.
Banx got angry and shoutet that he wanted to see who that "little motherf***" was........and it turned out it had been his own cousin! (who was introduced as their manager later :confused: )
Later again clumps were being thrown to the stage, no idea who was responsible for that.

I suggest everyone just sit back and give the band some time to figure out where do they go from here....if anywhere. [/B]

Yep, I guess I'll do that.

Okay, metal is not dead in the US. There is a lot of good metal music out there and it's starting to pick up more and more. True, the abundance of nu-metal crap is still there, but give those bands that are attempting to do something else, more meaningful, a shot. The reason a genre of music can just disappear or "die" is because people are so quick to write it off before they give it a chance . . .

Personally, I think Frank should do what he thinks best. Obviously there is an ongoing problem and things need to change. If a relocation to the US is what he feels is best at this time, then so be it. I love Angel Dust. I don't want to see this band come to an end, just like none of you do.

Originally posted by 13th angel
what show was this gauny??:confused:

That was during the gig at the Steel-meets-Steel-Festival.

I won't comment all the stuff that is going on in the guestbook at the moment. All I can say is that it sucks!

I also read a statement from Assy over the net today; I'll try to find it again and translate it. Can't promise anything yet.